Dakota Eurocentral
Old Mill Hotel(Motherwell)
The Bentley Hotel(Motherwell)
The Alona Hotel(Motherwell)
View Hotel
All reviewsbusiness parkcookiesthe grillsteakan industrial estateexecutive roomrose petalseggs benedictcooked to perfectionfriday nightmodern hotelbirthday treatfantastic hotelpublic areasreception areahigh standardrelaxed atmosphere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Thank you to all staff at the Dakota Hotel Glasgow,Family and friends celebrating our mother's 80th birthday on 9th dec 2012 had a lovely day meal( cheese cake was to die for)!
The welcome the service and the food excellent.
Mrs Margaret McMahon

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Mrs McMahon

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor – I am delighted that your party had such a wonderful day especially when celebrating such a special birthday.

I will pass your comments on to the team and especially Louise, who thoroughly enjoyed looking after you all and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Just off the M8 motorway at Eurocentral, rather than Glasgow exactly. Stylish black box, dark inside but oh so sexy! Lovely rooms, although starting to get a little tired, fabulous fittings and features - leather and fabrics.

I've been fortunate enough to stay here several times (and the sister Dakota in Queensferry), every time has been a great experience, can't wait for an excuse and the finance to go back soon.

Personally, I prefer this Dakota restaurant to the one at the Queensferry hotel. Service at both has been excellent however. So many other hotels could learn from the standards I've experienced staying at this fine establishment.

Plenty of parking space is a bonus too.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Dear Frequenter-50

Thank you so much for leaving your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor – I am absolutely delighted that you have enjoyed many wonderful visits to both our hotel and Dakota Edinburgh.

It is a pleasure to hear guests remark that they are fortunate enough to stay with us when in fact it is our absolute pleasure to have you and the opportunity to ensure you have a truly wonderful and relaxing time.

We welcome all guest feedback and I will be thrilled to show the entire team your comments regarding the service standards they delivered to you on every occasion.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance. I would love the opportunity to hear some more detailed feedback regarding the rooms, my email is guestrelations@dakotaeurocentral.co.uk.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Off here again next week as I love the ambience of this place. Low lighting,great staff and contemporary but homely surroundings. Reluctant to tell any more of this place as I dont want every one going !! A secret which hopefully will retain all it has now.Oh great restaurant aswell..what more could you want!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear AnnieB28

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments – I am delighted that you have enjoyed many relaxing visits with us.

I am thrilled that we have had the pleasure of welcoming you many times and I am sure we will welcome you many more.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist with or indeed organise for you prior to your next visit.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Have always wanted to stay at one of the Dakota hotels and I was impressed! The lobby area is very stylish and comfortable. We had a room on the second floor with a view of a wall which wasn't great but it got dark not long after check in so wasn't bothered! The room is small but again very stylish. My only concern was that there was nowhere to put your suitcase. The choices were the floor or the chair in the corner! We had a couple of drinks in the lobby which were quite expensive. Found it slightly annoying that you couldn't just go to the bar and order drinks yourself, it had to be table service which was time consuming! Overall, a lovely hotel, would definitely return but only if I got the same room rate (£69) wouldn't pay more.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear SueldocDurham

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor – we take all guest feedback seriously and we are constantly listening to what our guests want making your comments especially welcome.

I am disappointed that you felt the table service we offer in the bar and lobby area was an issue – I know this is somewhat a rarity that you will not often find but I like to think this is one of the personal, bespoke gestures we do to ensure our guests are completely relaxed and looked after with the highest degree of attentive service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Arrived late and couldn't believe how dark it was outside and then in reception. Got free wi-fi and room excellent. Took more than 5- mins to find kettle etc as it was well hidden. Very up market and well appointed. Took me a few minutes to suss out the shower too - no bath in this room.
Breakfast was fine but again dining room appeared to be low on light. Is it an energy saving drive?
Got a special deal for the night but a bit too expensive for me on a tight budget usually.
I'd recommend it for a special night if in the Glasgow area.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Saint_Bob

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor – we welcome all guest feedback and ensure we move forward and learn from it.

A lot of time and effort is spent creating the perfect ambience in the hotel, from the lighting to the music to bespoke furniture all with the aim of making our guests feel wonderfully relaxed. Sitting in front of the fire, cocktail in hand listening to a wonderfully eclectic hand picked musical soundtrack, you could be anywhere in the world. When our guests come here they do not want to go anywhere else – we are the destination.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again and please let me know if I can assist in any way.