The Dakota is an interesting concept - a hotel without a view to boast of that turns in on itself and shuts the world out. The result is a romantic cocoon of dark glass, dark venetian blinds and rich, warm colours that enfold you in a loving embrace. It is exciting but calm, dramatic but restful. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the service exemplary and, at a very reasonable price, I and the rest of my party of four had one of the most enjoyable meal we have had in a long time - great food and excellent wine at a generous round table well spaced from its neighbours. The walls of the restaurant are decorated with huge blow-up covers of The Eagle comic, which was essential reading in my childhood. How good to see Dan Dare, his impossible eyebrows and his arch-enemy The Mekon again!
This is a very special place and well worth the drive out from the city centre (about 8 miles), where other hotels will be hard put to match the Dakota for price, style, atmosphere and modernity. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Eurocentral Business Park, just off the M8. Dakota offers stylish and luxurious boutique rooms with free Wi-Fi, fresh cookies, LCD TVs and air conditioning. All rooms have sumptuous en suite bathrooms, with bespoke toiletries and fluffy towels. The award-winning Dakota Grill serves fresh, simple dishes and a classic grill menu. Afternoon teas are also available. The bar offers a range of delicious cocktails and an extensive beverage list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Dakota Eurocentral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dakota Eurocentral Hotel Motherwell
- Dakota Eurocentral Motherwell, Scotland