“Superb Hotel, sexy stylish and fantastic customer service******”
Review of Dakota Eurocentral

Dakota Eurocentral
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Reviewed October 1, 2012

this hotel is only half an hour from us but we like to go away for the night, have a gorgeous meal in stunning surroundings. The hotel is very dark inside but this is what creates the stylish ambience and sexy feel.
The restaurant is superb, food is out of this world and we would thoroughly recommend this to anyone. The best steak we have had in a long time, and we are fussy steak eaters. Its not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
Drinks a little overpriced, but what you would expect for a hotel of this class.
The Guest Relations Manager Ceri goes out of her way to make your stay as special and enjoyable as possible.
Our only negative is that the hotel is just off the motorway so is remote to anywhere else. Also the bed in our room was very noisy?

Room Tip: Executive suites are very special
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear wendyb9

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor - it was my absolute pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel - I am delighted I had the opportunity to arrange all the special details of your stay.

I am sure I will have pleasure of welcoming you back once again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly in this instance.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Immaculately, clean, modern with spacious bedrooms and fab shower, but couldn’t be more not for me when staying with family. My rating is based purely on my own preferences. If you don’t drive and are a complete country bumpkin who is more likely to set off the emergency alarms in the bathroom than find the posh flush for the toilet this isn’t for you either. We chose for location being near to the cemetery where we were putting Grannie’s ashes in with Grandpa’s.

Staff are as professional and courteous as I have come across in my travels. But the setting is in a business park next to a motorway, the garden is a car park which combined with the dark colour ways (and the playboy bunny picture on the wall as I glanced from reception to the bar/grill immediately answering my question about whether to go for a snack – ermmm no!), left me feeling really quite intimidated.

It will be for some, but not for me. But my sincere thanks to the lovely staff for their attentiveness and reassuring me that setting off the alarms “happens often”. Bless.

2  Thank Sharon G
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Sharon G

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

So much time and effort is spent in thinking about the ambience, furnishings, music, lighting to create a wonderfully relaxing oasis for our guests and I am disappointed in that this is the first time I have heard the word ‘intimidated’ in relation to these. I am, however, thrilled that the staff obviously put you well at ease.

We regularly welcome guests from all over the world, some staying for business, some for leisure, with family or on their own – it is a delight for us, the staff, to meet such a diverse array of guests and have the opportunity to talk to them and get to know them.

Please let me know if we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and I will personally oversee the details and arrangements.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is the 2nd time we,v been great wee hotel lovely & warm, and will be going again... We have stayed at a few places for a night of relaxing and a meal but hear has to be the best value also and handy for us also... Can't wait to back for my hubbies birthday...

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Tracy H

Dear Tracy H

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments – I am thrilled that we continue to be your choice of hotel for a relaxing overnight.

We look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate your husband’s birthday – please let me know so that I may take care of some special details personally. My email address is guestrelations@dakotaeurocentral.co.uk .

Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I were part of a wedding party that stayed at the Dakota, the hotel is a flash looking multi storey in a business type park but very well situated between Glasgow and Edinburgh but i wouldn't bother with Motherwell.
I walked in the door of the hotel and it was beautifully decorated large velvet curtains were decorating the doors and the reception area was nice with sofas etc the bar is noce and so is the Cours Lite on tap! The only thing is that it is extremly dark and the lights have to be on as there is no natural light coming into the communal area or naryral ventilation. As it was really good weather some of the wedding party went outside to sit on a small grass patch beside the hotel but were quickly told they could not bring drinks outside as it was against some licensing laws which was fine I'm sure no offence was meant from the guests. My hubby and I ordered Finger sandwiches just be aware that the sandwich will be just that the size of one finger, 3 fancy fillings and £7.95 fill a hole in your tooth comes to mind! but it was nice. We didn't eat in the hotel in the evening as we were out and about having drinks but others said it was fabulous. the room was lovely spacious spotless comfy bed big power shower what more can you ask for! Cooked breakfast was lovely and you got some haggis on your brekkie which was beautiful and there was a buffet for the usual juices, cereal, fruit and croissants. Staff were lovely professional and friendly a credit to the hotel I must say, you could have a good laugh with the guy who was on the bar. The bar had on a couple of bar stools and the rest of the crowd were that business type or girlies meeting for some afternoon drinks in a nice place. If you want cheap its not the place for you but for what ypu get I certainly think its reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear ogina

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback – I am delighted that, overall, you enjoyed your visit with us.

We understand entirely that guests would like to enjoy the wonderful weather, however as we do not have a dedicated seating area outside this brings the chance of smashes and breakages and so for the safety other guests and staff, unfortunately, this combined with licensing restrictions means drinks are to be enjoyed in the wonderful bar area.

I will thoroughly enjoy passing all the wonderful comments regarding staff onto the entire team.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything at all I can assist you with.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Dakota is well placed for the traveller, just off the main motorway between Glasgow and Edinburgh, so very quick and easy to find. The rooms are spacious and quite unusual in their decor (in a good way). The restaurant has a fairly limited menu but the food is excellent and reasonably priced for the quality. My only gripe is that the lighting both in the restaurant and other public areas is very, very dim. A little more light would be nice.
Room prices are a little on the high side for the area but the Dakota doesn't have a lot of competition.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor, opposite the elevator which usually means a noisy room, but I had no problem...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank miniscot

Dear miniscot

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor – we use the feedback to ensure we are continuously improving the service and products we offer to our guests making your comments especially welcome.

The furnishings, lighting and music are considered to the utmost detail to provide a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere for our broad spectrum of guests, when the lights are down, candles everywhere, fantastic music, relaxing with a cocktail our guests could imagine themselves to be anywhere in the world.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything at all I can assist you with and I look forward to welcoming you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This weekend my husband and I hosted a private function. From the inital contact with the events co-ordintaor to the actual event I can only praise all staff who were invoved with the planning and delivery.
Special thanks to David who was our named co-ordiantor for the eveing who ensured all of our guests glasses were never empty and that food was delivered promptly.
We were fortunate enough to stay over after our event and would certainly recomend others to use this hotel. Our room was clean, tidy and once again staff could not do enough for us.

1  Thank Shona T
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Shona T

I am absolutely delighted to read the wonderful review you left on TripAdvisor and thrilled that the private function we hosted exceeded your expectations and was such a success.

I have already passed on the lovely comments to Alison, who looks after Meetings and Events, and who would have initially organised everything for you, and David, who looked after you on the night. They were so happy to hear that you and your guests had a thoroughly enjoyable night.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything at all I can assist you with.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Lovely decor very relaxing atmosphere, lovely food, reception staff very friendly, stayed here before , you will love it. Beds comfortable always busy . Breakfast good, but could be quicker coming around with the coffee. Child friendly

Room Tip: There all good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Barcelogirl

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor – I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable visit with us.

I have passed on the comments regarding coffee service to the Food and Beverage Team who will ensure that all guests are enjoying not only a friendly and professional service but also prompt.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything at all I can assist with.

Ceri

Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 93 in Glasgow
The Alona Hotel
#4 of 9 in Motherwell

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!