“A nice treat for business or pleasure!”
Review of Dakota Eurocentral

Dakota Eurocentral
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I stayed here on business and wasn't expecting much. When I walked in there was open fires and I was welcomed with a warm drink at reception as I checked in. The room was very trendy and comfortable, it felt like a New York apartment! Nice fresh cookie left in the room for me to enjoy too. Dinner was great, Cock-a-leekie soup comes highly recommended! The curry was good but came with a lot of dips - and nothing to dip! The service was a little slow but the restaurant was busy that evening. I wouldn't hesitate to book the hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Dear romsparkle

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that, overall, you enjoyed your visit with us and I have passed on your comments regarding the menu to Chef and also to the Food and Beverage Team regarding service and I send my apologies for the issue with the speed of service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything at all I cant assist you with and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed December 11, 2011

We arrived on the sat afternoon welcome was great by receptionist check in great , the room really nice great decor big TV, Giant cushions on bed which is very comfy delicious cookies and hand written note nice touch !.The shower was great big really impressive but roof above it needs a lick of paint as water damaged (rm 415) the cold tap in bath room also needs fixing by the way minor defects how ever .
I could not get sky channels to work i reported to very helpful and nice receptionist who assured me she would get some one to look at it whilst i went for dinner with my wife , we booked table for 9pm in advance the hotel had either over booked or staff had called in sick as it was busy . Bar staff very busy the cocktail guy was fantastic under preasure but very happy and polite makes a great cocktail by the way , the let down was we had to wait 30 minutes for our table which was not ready not good as we did pre book and arrive in plenty of time .
My meal was fantastic when it came i hadthe chicken parfait for starter and rib eye for main the service was good but slow as it was busy ,the wife had a steak asked for it medium,it came very rare the wife could not eat it!. The waiter did offer complimentry desserts or coffee after the long wait and disapointment we declined plus i wanted to watch the boxing . Got up to the room sky sports was still not working called very unhelpful and quite rude sounding male receptionist to report i could not get channel sky to work, he advised me thats because the hotel did not have it (strange as it is advertised as now having sky sports ) .
Woke up switched on TV the sky sports channel was now working typical ! breakfast very good service excellent as it was quiet bacon was cold and rubbery not cooked to order rest was nice though .
Went to check out( think some one was looking for a early christmas bonus 40 pound extra added to bill ), queryed this with the older of two girls on reception upon being asked is there a problem with the bill who looked like i had just personally insulted her or was trying to rob her . She checked with restaurant as i payed in cash on the night who confirmed this was an error , a less than enthusiastic apology was issued i was made to feel quite embarrased by the whole fiasco and nature of way in which it was dealt with by the receptionist .
I have stayed before last time on my wedding night and everything was really great perfect which is why we choose to come back as it was out 1st aniversary left happy but more than a little disapointed this time as we had such a nice visit last time and on previous occasions .

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

Dear escapdesrep

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am more than disappointed to read your comments – especially following the wonderful stay you experienced on your wedding night.

I send my apologies with the issues you had on check out regarding the bill and also with the tv channels. I will be speaking to the staff on duty regarding everything you describe as good service is the very basics of hospitality so anything less than this is unacceptable.
I am delighted you had the opportunity to sample some of the wonderful cocktails and I will enjoy passing this on to the team, especially Kevin, who thrives under pressure and does make a fabulous cocktail!

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow once again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit so that I may personally manage the details of your booking.

Ceri McDade

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I have always been intrigued by the Dakota, from the outside it looks like a modern office block, but when you step in to the hotel, it's lovely! Warm and welcoming, subdued lighting and quirky touches. The room itself is rather like a loft apartment with brick walls and hidden wardrobe spaces, a HUGE cushion on the bed and a wonderful large shower!
The food is equally lovely, cooked to perfection and the pear tarte tatin was to die for!!!
Breakfast is made to order and the scrambled eggs are delicious!!!
Looking forward to staying again! :)

Dear linzr39

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to read your comments and will pass this on to the rest of the team, especially Colin, our Head Pastry Chef, who does make the most delicious tarte tatin. My personal favourite is the Honeycomb and Peanut Cheescake – you must try this on your next visit!!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything at all I can assist you with.

Ceri McDade

Reviewed December 4, 2011

Just spent two fantastic nights here, Arrived on Friday afternoon to warm and friendly welcome from reception staff, We went to our room to drop of the bags, we were very impressed with quality and standard.
The main bar staff are fantastic and i feel they must be hand picked as nothing is a problem.
The grill bar..... well what can i say firstly greeted by the manager (an absolute gentleman)my wife is a very plain eater and whilst looking through the menu i think her facial expressions said it all (my idea of heaven) the young lady that was looking after us came over with our drinks and arranged for my wife to have food that was not on the menu (a great little touch).
we are frequent visitors to the hilton hotel in glasgow (5 star) but i find the Dakota a far superior hotel with fantastic staff.
looking forward to my next visit. (mr & mrs welsh)

Dear Ricky W

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your fantastic comments on TripAdvisor – I am delighted that you had a wonderful few days with us.

I will pass on the wonderful comments to the team and it is lovely to hear that the staff have left such an impression for you – going above and beyond for guests, surpassing their expectations and delivery a professional and friendly service is the basis of good hospitality.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything at all I can arrange for you prior to your next visit, perhaps a favourite dish for your wife…..

Reviewed December 4, 2011

We found Dakota online while searching for central Glasgow hotels. Chose it because the price was so good even though it was slightly further out. It was absolutely fantastic! Whole place was spotless, really fancy, toiletries in the rooms were lovely. Created a great really different atmosphere. Staff couldn't be more helpful. Very impressed will definitely be staying again!!

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear sarahmbrown

Thank you very much for leaving your wonderful comments following your recent stay with us – I am thrilled you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything at all I can assist you with.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Stayed here for one night and found it superb. Great room which was beautifuly clean and tidy. Ate in the restaurant at night and the food was first class.
Could not fault anything.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Dear allydee

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor - I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will thoroughly enjoy passing your comments on to the entire team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything else at all I can help you with and I hope we can welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Driven past this hotel on the M8 on many occasions but only had the opportunity to stay thanks to the convenient alignment of some business meetings in the vicinity and an online promotion that brought the room rate inside my company's budget. Personable, efficient staff, fantastic dinner and breakfast, very comfortable 'boutique' room. I particularly like the stress reducing details in the public areas such as the muted lighting and the soothing but interesting music selection that served as the soundtrack to my stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
Bothwell Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bothwell
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!