“eating in the restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Dakota Eurocentral

Dakota Eurocentral
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Airdrie, United Kingdom
“eating in the restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Two weeks in a row we have eaten at the restaurant. The first saturday the waiting staff were pleasant and helpful. It was not a problem moving us when i asked to move to a different table. However last night we ate there for my sisters birthday. The waitress who took our drinks order before eating was absolutely poker faced and most most unhelpful. She asked us to go to our table we asked to finish our drinks first. She then went and got a senior staff member, maybe the maitre de?. Who then came and asked us to go to the table, despite the restaurant being half empty. No one offered to take out drinks through. The vegetarian menu could do with being changed, I asked for the pasta dish and got different pasta from what it said on the menu. The waitress was helpful and asked if I wanted to change it, however the other people at the table already had their meals. The reason i am putting this on the review is I know someone from the hotel usually answers back. I look forward to the reply as it will be a while before we go back to the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Dear jw1097

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am very disappointed to read your comments, good service is the very basis of hospitality - I liken welcoming guests to the hotel to welcoming friends to your home and the service you describe is unacceptable and not the kind of service we train and promote in our staff.

I have passed your comments regarding the vegetarian menu on to Chef and also discussed, at length, with the Food and Beverage Team the issues you describe with service and I send my apologies that this marred your visit with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss this further, or indeed if you will be visiting us again so that I can have the opportunity to meet you and personally manage your booking.

I would also like to thank you for noting in your review that each and every review is responded to – we appreciate and act on all feedback, positive and negative, and I take great pride in the having the responsibility to reply to every single guest comment.

Ceri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Newmains
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

My partner took me to the Dakota Hotel for a romantic dinner and Over night stay. Our room was lovely, they had a massive pillow on the bed and it was nearly the height of me. Last time I was there was a few years ago and felt they were a rip off. This time they have changed there menu, much better pricing. I dont mind paying for a stake but two years ago hey were wanting £36.00 plus for a stake, think this time it was something like £18.00 this time round, with a selection of veg and chips. Had a couple of cocktails and got roo, service. Disappointed room service is only available until 10pm. Especially if you have a business traveller only arriving after 10pm, there kinda stuck for food. Going back to our bedroom, big kingsize bed, nice big tv, lovely shower shower. It was home to home. With a wee extra kick. If you go onto there website they do offers like welcome to scotland, and you can get over night stays with breakfast for £80 per couple, which is great. Not sure what the offers are now, but you can check the site. Had a great night with my partner and would go back.

Room Tip: Chek website fro best offers and call them and advise what the occasions for they will organise cham...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Dear AilzNewmains

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your romantic getaway with us.

As mentioned in a previous response to a review we are in the process of reviewing our late night snacking menu and should implement this soon. Regarding your remarks on pricing of the menu, I don’t recall ever having a steak on the menu at the high price you describe, possibly a chateaubriand which, of course, is for 2 people and not something we offer on the a la carte menu.

I hope we can welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very future and please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything at all I can assist you with.

Guest Relations
Alloa, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

Reasonable Glasgow accommodation was hard to come by this past week thanks to the Take That gigs that were on at Hampden, so when Dakota offered an exceptionally good deal it didn't matter that it is situated a 15 minute drive away on the motorway from the city centre.

The hotel does have a dark and moody feel, a little like a Malmaison hotel, but the ambience is definitely more pleasant. Check-in was smooth and the receptionist pleasant and cheery. Our room was spacious, clean and the decor stylish. However, there were no fresh cookies on arrival as advertised on the hotel website. And although there was a tea and coffee tray, there were no complimentary biscuits. And for a stylish and 'boutique feel' hotel, the lack of bath robes also seemed a bit mean.

We didn't eat in the restaurant as we were attending a gig at the Armadillo that evening, but we did have a drink in the bar when we returned. Once we got up to our room at 10.30 we thought we'd order from room service as we were famished .... only to find that room service finishes at 10pm. How crazy! The hotel is situated on the side of a motorway on a business park. There is nowhere in the vicinity to get a snack. So we went to bed hungry and rather annoyed.

I have reported several negatives here, and generally the positives outweigh the negatives, but I would want a few more luxurious touches if I were to return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank auldreekie87
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Dear auldreekie87

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor - a medium we use alongside the comment cards found in every guests room so that we may continually improve the stellar standards of service and quality that our guests associate with the Dakota brand.

I send my apologies that there were a few small issues that marred your visit with us.

I have passed your comments on to the reception and housekeeping teams regarding the cookies – there certainly should have been complimentary, freshly baked cookies in your room for arrival – I believe there may have been a small miscommunication between departments especially with the very late pick up on rooms that took us up to 100% occupancy due to, as you mention, various concerts being held. Of course, there would have been no problem in chef making up a delicious plate of cookies and petit fours for you to enjoy if we had known.

Chef is in the process of reviewing our late night menu for those guests wishing a late night snack and we should hopefully have this fully implemented very soon.

Bath robes are found in our suites and executive rooms and it is something we have discussed and investigated in the hope that we could include in every room so we certainly take your comments on board. Of course, we will do everything we can to fulfil, and go beyond, our guests expectations, so a guest requesting a robe in the room, if this is possible, then of course we will do it.

I hope we can welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future and please feel encouraged to contact me directly if there is anything at all I can assist you with.

Guest Relations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

After checking out just about every hotel on Loch Lomondside, Glasgow and Ayr, my wife and I decided to make the short trip from East Kilbride to the Dakota to celebrate our 17 th wedding anniversary. We had doubts about travelling only a few miles from home to the hotel, after all we were hoping for a get away from it all 24 hour break , and lets face it a short drive to the Dakota is hardly any distance at all. How wrong we could have been, the whole stay was simply superb. As soon as you enter the hotel and manage past those heavy veiled velvet curtains, the reveal is breathtaking. You have a feeling of being in some sort of time warp, but at the same time experience a sense of overwhelming calmness mixed with an awareness of high chic furnishings ,wrapped all around with soothing dreaming muzak. From prompt check in, pre dinner drinks, dinner, chill out lounging and morning breakfast, the Dakota staff all did themselves proud with a first class genuine, caring, almost personal customer service. Honestly, have been aound a lot of hotels in my time, but the Dakota staff are exceptional and rightly deserve this customers thanks. Rooms first class, restaurant food very good, and breakfast cooked to order, no buffet style here. To other local folks, do not be put off by the short trip or locale of Dakota, once there the sheer ambience informs that you could be anywhere, and I mean anywhere. Will definately be back, have not stopped thinking of our stay. Well done Dakota Glasgow. Thats three yesses then.

Room Tip: Classy,classy boutique chic , with colonial style
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Dear teecee2510

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor – I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure meeting both you and your wife and I thoroughly enjoyed talking with you and glad that I had the opportunity.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything at all I can do assist you but I am sure that we will welcome you back very soon……

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

Stayed overnight at the end of our holiday thanks to friends and tripadvisor's recommendations!!
Got a good rate and our dogs were welcomed which was great but that's where it ended!
The recurring theme from the front of house bar/restaurant was a theme of 'couldn't quite be bothered' from poor recall of a drinks order, incorrectly cooked steak to breakfast requiring repeated recall of our breakfast order!!
With no cost but a little more attention to customer service would potentially salvage my undecided opinion of recommending to a friend or even attempting a return visit!!??
In defence of the staff, on checkout the front of house gentleman was concerned and assuring that the issues would be addressed to the GM... Let's see what transpires!!!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Deccawley
Dear deccawley

I know that my GM has been in correspondence with you but I wanted to reply to say thank you for taking the time to leave your review on TripAdvisor.

I am saddened to read your comments and frustrated furthermore when reading the review above yours from a couple who stayed on the same evening!

I certainly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future.

Coatbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

No overnight stay but a superb Sunday lunch with my wife. The restaurant is reasonably priced and the quality of food was excellent.
A warm welcome from the staff and v ery attentive while getting comfortable at our table.
Good variety on the menu but not what you would call extensive and a very good wine list.
Table settings were sparkling with table linen (no paper napkins) and the waiting staff were knowledgable about what was on offer.
The place was fairly busy with a mix of age groups including small well behaved children in the adjacent bar grill area but was not noisy with a quiet calm atmosphere.
Lovely starter and traditional roast beef followed by desserts - all very well cooked and presented - will definately return and would have no qualms in recommending this hotel for food and drink.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Dear Jimmy918

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and we certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything at all I can assist you with.

Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

We decided very last minute to go here on a Sunday night. They have what is called 'The Lazy Sunday' which was inexpensive considering you get bed, breakfast, and money off your evening meal.
Hotel is very dark when you step inside, but the decor is very stylish. the receptionist couldn't have been more helpful. The room was lovely, plasma tv, spacious area to get dresses, and beautiful bathroom. Would definately go again and would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Glasgowgal07
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Dear jillmcdermott

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your lovely comments on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your ‘Lazy Sunday’ visit with us and that we will definitely be welcoming you back again.

Please feel encouraged to contact me directly if there is anything I can do to assist you.

Ceri McDade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
City Centre
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,802 reviews
The Alona Hotel
#5 of 9 in Motherwell

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!