“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Glasgow
“Great Stay”
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We decided very last minute to go here on a Sunday night. They have what is called 'The Lazy Sunday' which was inexpensive considering you get bed, breakfast, and money off your evening meal.
Hotel is very dark when you step inside, but the decor is very stylish. the receptionist couldn't have been more helpful. The room was lovely, plasma tv, spacious area to get dresses, and beautiful bathroom. Would definately go again and would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Glasgowgal07
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Dear jillmcdermott

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your lovely comments on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your ‘Lazy Sunday’ visit with us and that we will definitely be welcoming you back again.

Please feel encouraged to contact me directly if there is anything I can do to assist you.

Ceri McDade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Glasgow,Scotland
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Granted, not the most tranquil of settings being located off of Scotland's busiest motorway. However, once inside Dakota's doors, you could be anywhere!

Excellent welcome from reception staff.
Well appointed room. Fab decor.
Pre-dinner drinks in bar - very relaxing.
Dinner superb!
Good sleep.
Breakfast in morning only slight upon this hotel - could do better!

Overall, fab night away from 4 kids with hubby!

Give it a go especially with the deals on offer at the moment.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear traceyanne

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your relaxing overnight visit with us and I hope that we can indeed welcome you back in the very near future.

Ceri
Bathgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2011

The Dakota wins. The decor is sumptuous and inviting. The service is first class. The restaurant serves amazing food and the rooms deliver in all the right ways. We smiled on our arrival as we realised that the industrial exterior gave way to the luxurious 30s styled interiors. We smiled as the reception immediately made us feel valued and welcomed. We smiled as we ate top quality produce lovingly prepared. And we smiled as we rested in our brilliant room. We will be back. Again and again.

• Stayed April 2011
Dear RobAllen1981

Thank you so much for leaving your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor – I am thrilled that you enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing time with us. I will thoroughly enjoy passing your feedback on to the entire team a I hope we can welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future.

Ceri
Ayrshire, Scotland
Reviewed March 28, 2011

We have stayed at Dakota a couple of times for overnight breaks and have visited for lunch and evening meals.
The Dakota is one of the nicest places we have stayed...we came to Dakota on a valentines night package which was excellent quality for the price. Included in the package was a standard room, champagne and chocolates in our room on arrival and a 3 course meal, plus pre dinner canapé's and breakfast the following day. The meal was from a set menu with great choices for each course. The staff/service was excellent as always. As previously mentioned in other reviews, bathrobes would be great.
I am looking forward to returning for my birthday in may (and am hoping that my partner will book us a suite this time rather than a standard room!).

• Stayed February 2011
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Dear jane46a

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visits with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in May to make your birthday a wonderful, memorable celebration.

If there is anything at all I can do to assist please feel encouraged to contact me directly at the hotel.

London
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This is the only restaurant outside of Glasgow which has a really high standard of food in teh Lanarkshire area. The food is great, the wines are varied and not over priced and there is something to please even the most traditional of palate's, my FIL. I took 5 people for dinner and to come in at around £250 for 3 courses wtih wine, water and service for 6 is great value. We lingered for a drink inthe comfortable bar and taxi's were called for us at home time. I will keep returning to this amenable and quality venue.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Iphillips74

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback – I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our wonderful restaurant and I will thoroughly enjoy passing your comments to Chef, the kitchen team and the Front of House team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future and if there is anything at all I can assist with in the interim please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Hamilton, scotland
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Had dinner at the Dakota tonight with six friends , they were 30 mins late getting us to our table , then took 90 minutes to get our main course to us during which time i twice had to get up and actively find a member of staff to take a drink order, ( the first time the memeber of staff simply ignored the request completely )

the food was good but spoiled the birthday evening with such dismal service

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank lance-gauld
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, March 27, 2011
Dear lance-gauld

I am more than disappointed to read the comments you have posted on TripAdvisor – especially as a first time reviewer, and becoming a member to leave this review reiterates your frustration. Even more disappointing that I did not get the opportunity to discuss theses issues with you – I understand some guests do not wish to prolong events further by discussion but it is frustrating for us when they leave having not mentioned anything at all to anyone.

With regards to being seated late to the table – we often find that it is a more pleasant experience for the guest if the entire table are sat at the same time – it creates a little more theatre than the group being sat at different times – of course when everyone does not arrive together or some prefer to relax with a pre-dinner drink this can cause delay.

With regards to actively having to find someone to take a drinks order I send my apologies, this is unacceptable, we promote a friendly and relaxed service and depending on the occasion will tailor this service to suit, but no guest should have to actively leave the table to find a staff member.

If you would like to contact me directly at the hotel either by email or direct line please do not hesitate and we can discuss the issues.

Reviewed March 19, 2011

Just on our way home from the Dakota which has left us speechless! How any one could find fault is beyond me. My husband and I stayed for one night to celebrate our birthdays and had a fantastic time. It's like walking into an oasis of calm and tranqility from the moment you arrive. All staff are delightful and go that extra mile to please you. We have ranked our evening meal of fillet steak as 3rd best in the world and we have eaten at some of the best!!! All in all a fantastic hotel which we will defenatly book again in April to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary along with some of our friends, can't wait! I promise, anyone that books this hotel will not be disappointed !!

• Stayed March 2011
Dear Hock99

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor – I am absolutely delighted that you had such an enjoyable evening with us.

I will thoroughly enjoy passing your comments on to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dakota Glasgow, and for such a lovely occasion as your wedding anniversary, so please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if there is anything at all I can arrange or assist with.

Ceri McDade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 95 in Glasgow
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
Mondo Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coatbridge

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!