We went to a wedding in the Cedar Suite and stayed in the hotel during the evening.
The event was well run and the staff were very good. Biggest issue on the night was that the washrooms were clean but in some places in a bad state of repair, taps not working, this was also the case the following morning in a different washroom. It would appear the ongoing maintenance is being over looked as other parts of the hotel look a bit shabby at closer inspection.
Breakfast was not good, the service was a bit slow but acceptable, cereals and juices were left on a table and didn't look inviting and a lack of glasses was annoying. We orders off the menu and due to 'shortages of food because it was a Sunday' we were given something which did not match the menu. This is not a major issue but the annoying thing is that the quality was not good and the cooking was not acceptable. We complained and we did get an appology but no refund on breakfast as it was a B&B deal.
Would we go again, maybe if were in the area but not for a special visit. The staff were good but we are a little disappointed as it offered so much more but it didn't ruin the wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish, inviting, modern and relaxing— Dalziel Park is a glamorous addition to the Lisini portfolio. Located in 250 acres of stunning woodlands on the outskirts of Motherwell, this is a true destination venue. Boutique accommodation coupled with the award winning Wide Mouth Frog Restaurant make Dalziel Park a must visit. In addition Dalziel Park has a 9-hole golf course, fully stocked bar, brasserie and excellent banqueting facilities for weddings, parties and functions. The Cedar suite accommodates up to 360 guests, whilst 2 smaller suites suit more intimate gatherings from 20 to 100 guests. Whatever the occasion, whether it's a cosy winter's drink in front of the log fire, a round of golf in summer followed by a drink on the terrace, or an afternoon exploring the woodlands with the children and relaxing in the bar whilst the children play in the playpark, Dalziel Park is the place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalziel Park Hotel Motherwell
- Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club Motherwell, Scotland