“Christmas Party Night 2012”

BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Reviewed December 17, 2012

A Christmas party for our office we couldn't have asked for more.
Meal was just wonderful, especially recommend the jingleberry pie), music was great, from cheesy to latest hits. Waiting staff were on top of the ball, didn't have to wait any time to be served. All drinks brought to table quick as a flash.

Absolutely recommend The Moorings for your Christmas night out. Great party atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My booking was prearranged and paid for by my client. I arrived after a very long day (4 am start). The receptionist almost seemed surprised she had to deal with someone and after signing their documents I was directed 'up the stairs and turn left'. I was somewhat surprised not be asked if I wanted any help with my luggage as I am not in the first flush of youth. However, I went up the (two) flights of stairs and eventually found I had to go down another and found my room. Clean, not terribly warm. Comfortable bed, adequate bathroom but not a totally nice smell in the room. I chose to have the early bird supper and had a glass of wine with my dinner as I knew the client had given an allowance which would be covered by my selection and the wine. The restaurant staff were very nice and the meal was fine. As I had another early start I ordered a very simple breakfast for my room for 'as near 7 as possible'. Obviously my room (25) was near something like a boiler as there were intermittent noises throughout the night but I had my earplugs. Morning came and by 7.35 no breakfast. When I asked reception for help with my bags, again the receptionist sounded rather surrpised but a nice young man did come up at the requested time. There was a sum on my bill that I did not recognise which was finally removed after some discussion and I did explain that the breakfast had not arrived. There was a request for me to pay for the glass of wine as 'the allowance was only for dinner' which I found interesting as the cost of what I had for dinner was well below what the client had allowed for. Would I rush back - no not really.

Room Tip: Ask not to be put in Room 25!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank indianvp
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We needed to stay in the area and had eaten at this hotel many years ago, they had a offer on.
The reservation team was very helpful and said they had a "Party Night" on that evening but she would put us in a room which should keep us from being disturbed by the noise.
We had a comfortable, peaceful night and a good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank moira24160
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Plenty of parking space available.
Check in was very quick and painless.
Room was on the top floor and was nice and quiet apart from a ticking storage heater. Just a small annoyance. 2 single beds but at least there weren't any feathers :).
Staff were very friendly and at breakfast there was a good choice.
Wide variety of evening meals that were really good and didn't cost an arm or a leg.
Free wireless throughout the hotel was a bonus.
Would definitely stay here again when in Motherwell or near about.

Room Tip: Get your breakfast included in the room rate. Call them rather than booking on the internet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Recently visited MB who recommended this hotel.
Easy online booking, they followed up with a phone call which was very nice.
No problem finding or parking.
I had room 12 which is at the front, a little cold unless the heating was left on all day, otherwise no complaints.
Food at breakfast and evening meals good quality and reasonably priced.
All staff friendly and helpful.
Will definately use if ever in the area again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Really nice stay, the food menu is not the most varied but the quality makes up for that, the staff are very friendly & helpful and nothing seems too much for them. I had a room on the second floor which was cosy & comfortable but not too small.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Really nice hotel with great staff.
Only 5 mins walk from train station & town centre.
We had room 5 on the groind floor, which was nice even though the floorboards creak.
Breakfast was good.

The thing not too good was the bar prices which were a bit on the high side.
If you want a drink then go to the Horseshoe Bar near the station.

• Stayed: November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
Dakota Eurocentral
The Alona Hotel
The Alona Hotel
#4 of 9 in Motherwell
Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5

Been to BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel? Share your experiences!