BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel
$90
$65
The Bentley Hotel(Motherwell)
$83
Premier Inn Glasgow (Motherwell) Hotel(Motherwell)(Great Value!)
$65
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewstown centrelovely hotelbeds were comfortableample parkingbar restaurantfunction roomthe ground floorwould stay againstayed for nightsevening mealbreakfast was excellentfrom start to finishlovely roomsteakmenureceptionistsharon
Reviewed September 13, 2007

My partner and I stayed at the Moorings in June 2007 off and on for 2 weeks. We used it as our home base while we visited his family in Newarthill, travelled to Portugal for 6 days and went to a family wedding in Ireland. We were given the best room (#11) which was roomy with large windows that opened. It was quite warm when we were there so we enjoyed the open windows.
The staff were helpful and always available. The breakfasts were included in the room and there was plenty of choice for breakfast which ranged from the traditional fy-up, to fish and poached eggs. We also ate lunch and dinner several times which was always very good.
Our room had a large queen sized bed which was very comfortable. The room was stocked with a kettle, tea, coffee, packages of shortbread and a hair dryer. The bathroom had a great shower and was immaculate. There was also a TV - which we really didn't watch so I don't know what channels were on. Ironing board and Iron were supplied upon request.
They have free customer parking - a novel concept for people from Vancouver! It is within walking distance from shopping, pubs and the publice library (good for freee internet access)
I think they have free wireless internet, but I can't remember because I didn't have my laptop with me.
I would stay there again with no reservations. The head of housekeeping was exceptionally helpful and she made our stay even more pleasant

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ImeldaMarcos
Reviewed February 14, 2007

Really enjoyed my business stay here; lots of things that made it good - Staff very friendly - chatty, warm, really welcoming.

From reception, there were lots of little touches - a low reception desk with seats so you can sit down when you check in;

free wireless internet access - it worked and it was free.

I was using the conference room too - which was really good.

Breakfast cooked to order - no nasty greasy buffet and good porridge;

food in the evening the only weakspot. Should have a greater range but it was OK.

Room at the back, no views but quiet, warm, good sized desk, good shower and generally fine.

Thing that made it special was the friendliness of the staff and the overall clean, well maintained feel.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 21, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in August 2006 and thought it was terrific! We had room 10 at the front of the property and we had excellent views The people who worked there were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was great also, as was the bar. If/when we go back to Scotland, we will definitely book a room there again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2006

Hey, we haven´t stayed in the hotel for a long time, but you can tell the place has gone down hill fast!!!!
you had great improvememnt when a young argentinean guy managed your place (was it Fabri or Fabian?) and after he has left you have gone back to where you were before he worked there!!!
shame as we find the hotel very handy!!! but we are not going to stay there anymore as the standards have become unacceptable!!!

Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank Carlitro3
Reviewed October 5, 2005

Great hotel especially for single female traveller - staff made me feel at ease. Booths in restaurant are perfect for 'awkward' meal times when on your own. Only negative was it was quite a hot night and my room's window was tiny and hardly opened plus, the hotel is on a main road that gets quite noisy- ask for a room at rear. Beats Travel Lodges anyday.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business