“Service Can Be Terrible. ”
Review of The Rex Cafe

The Rex Cafe
Ranked #50 of 67 Restaurants in Motherwell
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

In terms of quality, price, and portion size, probably best chip shop in Motherwell but service at the counter can be terrible. So slow, can get the order wrong and very often you will order pizza, fish and chips. When the pizza is ready, there will be no fish and when the fish is ready there are no chips. A simple order can take twenty minutes.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I visted The Rex twice this week, on Wednesday I had a sit in meal of a mini fish supper, it was fresh and tasty, well worth the £11 it cost me and my friend inc drinks, on Friday night (tonight) I called for a delivery, we got 1 bag of chips, 2 single sausage, 1 single fish, 1 bag of chips and 1 tub of curry sauce, when I called for order, was told it would be approx. £18 plus £1.50 for delivery, agreed all ok, even though I thought little expensive, 20 minutes later a girl from Rex calls and said I had been under charged and would be £20.60, I agreed to this also but did say why? and if order left yet, she didn't know but asked and told no, about 30 minutes she said so that's 50 minutes all in!! so after about 10 minutes I called back and asked her if she could explain price as I had looked at price for another local chippy for an estimate, went through the order and everything single thing was approx. 40-50p more expensive, so my order would be 20.60 she said. When the woman arrived she said to me its £21!! at the time I didn't think, but the order wasn't £21 exactly it was £21!! so what now just adding money onto bill, also there was no receipt which is usually on the chip shop bag. so to be honest it think I am going to take this further as basically ripping people off when they are ripping people off in first place with their OTT prices. The food tonight was also a let down, which makes it worse as you don't mind paying over the odds if its delicious, most of it went in the bin or the dog had it, full of grease, the chips mushed together and not cooked as thoroughly as should be, batter on sausage just thick and greasy!! what a let down.

3  Thank carrien300
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Pretty basic menu albeit the prices are'nt the cheapest in town generally reasonable value for money

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I tried the mixed meat kebab, it was very tasty and the side salad was beautiful, a must try. My partner had the breaded Haddock meal, 1st class.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Have been coming here for 25 years they don't do a four seasons pizza anymore.

The pizza has improved to very good recently and i recommend the special fish however I love the salad kebab (no meat) with chilli sauce.

You can sit on round the back and they do good kids meals .. Go on treat yourself. The yanks can't do it this way.