“Effective comfortable and a good nights sleep”

Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Effective comfortable and a good nights sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

There was a warm welcome and pleasant service so although it was bitterly cold outside I was very comfortable inside.
Only stayed one night

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
worksop
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

Stayed 3 days and two nights. Hotel Staff Excellent. Rooms Clean and Tidy. My only gripe is the window would not close and the traffic noise disturbed my husband all night. We asked for a change of room. Smaller but had no problem. Staff extremely helpful and Pleasant.
Toby Inn at the side of Hotel. Lovely food, waiter fantastic, prices cheap.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

I booked this hotel as a 'stop off' en route to visit my mum who lives near Inverness. I chose HI Express because rooms are reasonably priced (I paid £56 mid week and £47 at the weekend) and breakfast is included.

Location was excellent for us because the hotel was just off the motorway. I found staff to be friendly and helpful, even when my son dropped a glass of juice at a busy breakfast service. Rooms were of an adequate size, clean and had a tea tray. Breakfast is a continental style buffet but offers a good selection, including toast, pastries, cereals, yoghurts, etc. The pub next door does a good carvery, which is reasonably priced.

As a family of 4 (2 adults, 1 child and 1 baby), I don't think we could beat this hotel for value.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Madison, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

I stayed with an EF tour group of 40 people at the Express By Holiday Inn in Motherwell. This was an excellent hotel.

We stayed three days at the Express By Holiday Inn. The hotel was modern, spacious, clean, quiet, and comfortable. We could not have asked for anything better.

The rooms were comfortable and I slept very well. This was the most comfort that we received while on a 16 day tour of Ireland and the United Kingdom. The hotel even provided a hairdryer.

There was a bar on the first floor.

We were provided with a large buffet breakfast every morning.

There was airconditioning on the first floor, and plenty of seating.

The only problem we had was there was really nothing near the hotel other than a restaurant and a pub that a person could walk to. We were told that there was a bowling alley that a person could walk to for entertainment, but we never found it. It must have been farther than we walked. There was a camping area across the road.

Our bus drove us away to tourist sights and then we returned in the evening.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed July 2009
Newcastle , England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

Stayed for 1 night.
Restaurant was soul-less, has all the charm of a works canteen. Decided to give it a miss.
My ground floor room was awful. The window opened directly onto a smolking area, therefore I had noise and smoke drifting into my room at mid-night.
Noise from the toilet door in the coridoor was also a problem, this was banging shut into the small hours.
I hoped breakfast would make amends - Think again!!! Turned out to be a low quality continental affair. Bread rolls, processed plastic cheese, tea from a machine etc.
I must agree with other reviewers, the staff were bordering on being rude. They seemed almost disgusted when they had to check you in / out. Is a smile & some eye contact too much to ask?
I appreciate this hotel is at the lower end of the scale, but it just wasnt worth the £65 I paid for my room.
Positives??? - parking, thats about it!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Motherwell hotels

redcar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

stayed at hotel many times over last few years
always happy with experience
excellant value for money
when visiting family in Glasgow always stay at this hotel even though it means a short drive in/out of the city every day

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

Check in painless and friendly. My 4 year old was desperate for the loo so I rushed in and lifted the seat to be confronted by a turd bobbing in a brown soup. Nearly retching, I flushed then noticed yellow urine stains on the seat. After wiping these hastily with a tissue I reluctantly allowed my daughter to relieve herself. Once I found my anti bacterial wipes I gave everything a good wipe. Didn't find the opportunity to complain - too hard with a hyperactive kid in tow.

After this bad start the room felt fairly comfortable and clean, though tainted by my initial experience. It was a bit stuffy but keeping the windows open during the night wasn't an option because of the motorway noise. General noise from other guests late on Friday night was bad, though not necessarily the hotel's fault. Beds were reasonably comfortable.

Exiting the Strathclyde Park road onto the M74 roundabout was nigh on impossible at rush hour. The part time traffic lights were never in action during my 4 day stay.

Breakfast was decent and plentiful - bagels, toast, croissants, fruit, cereals, juices, yoghurt etc in a bright pleasant breakfast room adjacent to reception. Though apple juice, coffee and half-fat milk were finished by 8:45 one morning.

Could not get a decent wireless internet signal in my room so was unable to test.

So overall, my stay was acceptable but soured by the rank toilet.
I would stay again but would seek alternatives first.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank JollyBobber
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park
Days Inn Hamilton
Days Inn Hamilton
#3 of 4 in Hamilton
Premier Inn Glasgow (Motherwell) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5? Share your experiences!