The overall experience was good. The staff on reception were informative and friendly. The hotel is next to a main road but the traffic noise isn't bad at all for this type of hotel. There is a Toby Carvery next door which gets busy but is cheap and mostly cheerful depending on how snobby you are about your food. You could eat in the hotel bar but I didn't. I was informed that the bar was open all night.
The room was really clean and the covers had a freshly washed smell which was nice.
The room was also well equipped with soap for the shower, a hair dryer and plenty of tea and coffee.
The temperature if the room was just right.
My only problems are really minor and just being picky because I stay in so many hotels for work. There was only a shower rather than a bath and although the water was nice and hot it was a bit of a dribble rather than a shower. Also there were plenty of plug sockets but none near the mirror. Granted there was hair dryer next to the mirror but all girlies with long hair know how useless hotel hairdryers are even when they work!
All in all a bargain and exactly what I expected from a Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 120 bedroom Express by Holiday Inn Strathclyde Park M74, JCT.5, is ideal for Corporate and Leisure clients, offering ensuite accommodation including Complimentary Continental Breakfast with selected Hot Items, FREE Car Parking spaces for upto 120 cars. We are on Jct 5 off the M74. The Express By Holiday Inn Strathclyde is located in the Strathclyde Country park with Motherwell Food Park with Companies like Honeywell and TNT close by. Hamilton,Motherwell and Eurocentral are within 5 minutes driving distance from the Hotel. Glasgow Airport is a 25 minute drive and Edinburgh Airport is a 40 minute drive from the Hotel.The Hotel is situated within the complex of attractions, such as Strathclyde Country Park with its Watersports centre, country walks and purpose built M & D's Theme Park (open all year round with FREE entry). Other places of interest are David Livingston Centre, the Time Capsule Leisure Centre and a Golf Course just 1.5 miles away. Glasgow City Centre is just a 25 minutes drive from the Hotel and easily accessible to Gleneagles and St. Andrews Golf Courses . There is a Bar/ Lounge available for resident guests from 11am to 3am daily and 2 Meeting rooms for upto 30 people offering all audio / visual equipment and business facilities. High Speed Internet Access available throughout the Hotel ( FREE in the Lounge Area.) Sorry but we Do Not Accept Pets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park Hotel Motherwell
- Holiday Inn Express Motherwell
- Holiday Inn Motherwell
- Motherwell Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5 Motherwell, Scotland