Stayed in a Double room for one night. Reception staff were friendly and informative.
The room was of good size Pre Fabricated Generic to the Express chain, clean and tidy no nasty supprises.
The Bed Mattress was of poor quality leading to a very uncomfortable sleep. The Mattress was extremely soft and springy offering little to no support. If one person moves the other is woken being bounced up and down.
Our Room was next to a stairwell which turned out to be very noisy with the door closing and people stomping down the corridors.
No WiFi however ther is LAN Internet at a cost of 8.16 GBP per hour which for this day and age is extortion.
Limited TV Channels 1-5, sky one and sky news to sucker you into purchasing a movie for 8.16 GBP or to listen to music for 2.03 GBP
Breakfast was ok, Continental Buffet. Nothing to shout about but it filled a hole. No Bacon or Boiled eggs but what was on offer was good quality.
Showers are very good with lots of hot water at a good pressure.
Would i stay here again................ No
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 120 bedroom Express by Holiday Inn Strathclyde Park M74, JCT.5, is ideal for Corporate and Leisure clients, offering ensuite accommodation including Complimentary Continental Breakfast with selected Hot Items, FREE Car Parking spaces for upto 120 cars. We are on Jct 5 off the M74. The Express By Holiday Inn Strathclyde is located in the Strathclyde Country park with Motherwell Food Park with Companies like Honeywell and TNT close by. Hamilton,Motherwell and Eurocentral are within 5 minutes driving distance from the Hotel. Glasgow Airport is a 25 minute drive and Edinburgh Airport is a 40 minute drive from the Hotel.The Hotel is situated within the complex of attractions, such as Strathclyde Country Park with its Watersports centre, country walks and purpose built M & D's Theme Park (open all year round with FREE entry). Other places of interest are David Livingston Centre, the Time Capsule Leisure Centre and a Golf Course just 1.5 miles away. Glasgow City Centre is just a 25 minutes drive from the Hotel and easily accessible to Gleneagles and St. Andrews Golf Courses . There is a Bar/ Lounge available for resident guests from 11am to 3am daily and 2 Meeting rooms for upto 30 people offering all audio / visual equipment and business facilities. High Speed Internet Access available throughout the Hotel ( FREE in the Lounge Area.) Sorry but we Do Not Accept Pets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park Hotel Motherwell
- Holiday Inn Express Motherwell
- Holiday Inn Motherwell
- Motherwell Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5 Motherwell, Scotland