“Good Food”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited the restaurant last night with a Groupon voucher (£21 for 2 courses 2 sides and a bottle of wine). As we are from Motherwell it is handy for us and somewhere tbh we had forgotten about as a dining option.

When we arrived we were seated promptly in the conservatory which was busy with most tables taken. They have quite an extensive menu and i would imagine something to suit all tastes. Our food order was taken, I had the crostini followed by macaroni cheese and my boyfriend had pickled herring followed by teriyaki pork. Whilst it is never going to be fine dining I would say it is good wholesome food served quickly and still warm.

Our offer had included a bottle of wine however as we wanted rosé we could only get a half carafe which was about a glass each.

Overall I would definitely recommend as even without the voucher they do a deal 2 courses for £12.95

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank sweetcheeks72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
fakirk
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Rooms were big staff lovely nice breakfast. Good location would stay at this hotel again it was nice and quiet. We were at a family party in Motherwell and had only 5minutes to walk. The night attendant answered the door to let us in

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Was here last night. On the plus side the waiter was friendly and attentive. Only minor gripe is that it would have been good if he had poured the wine rather than plopping the bottle down on the table for us to serve ourselves. They weren't even all that busy. Adequately staffed, I saw 3 waiters and they had about 10 diners that I could see. A decent bottle of wine, and served perfectly chilled in a cooler. Food is ok, menu has a good selection. Quality fair, my starter came with a slice of brown bread and butter. Bread was just going hard at the cut edges. Butter portion was far too soft.
The prices are reasonable. All in all you may take the view that it is a fairly good return for the money. I think 3 stars out of five is fair, if you could do halves I may have stretched it to three and a half.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Larkhall
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went here for a meal with Friends. The food was good and served piping hot with a nice selection on the menu.

The service left a bit to be desired (this used to be a training hotel if it no longer is, then the staff need some updates really quickly).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank MIB-53
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I went here for a meal for the first time and I have to say, thoroughly enjoyed the food and also the service. We visited using a voucher from groupon and had a starter and main course each. The food was lovely and the staff very friendly and helpful. It was not very busy but to be honest, we were quite happy as we were able to choose our own table. We had pate and haggis as starters and both starters were very good. We then had the mixed grill and fish and chips and again were delighted with the food. Service was friendly and fast and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had my wifes 50th birthday in here on June 10th with 17 family and friend and the food was good as was the service but my wife abd three friends had a meal in it on June 29th and the service was pathetic to say the least.....

There was a big 40th birthday party on in the conservatory and yet despite this they where put at a table in here and made to feel like outcasts by the birthday party and constantly had to put up with kids coming over to the table, running about screaming at the top of their voices and to make matters worse they where using the table beside them as a sin bin for the children.... To say my wife and friends where disgusted is an understatement and they will certainly not ever be going back after this experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank labman1001
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went for a family dinner for four. The meal was average at best. If you want fish and chips then the Bentley is fine but some of the menu options we chose turned out to be poor. The mixed grill in particular was a bit of a let down. Prices are good but that's about the best thing I can say for this place. Also we never got the coffees we asked for at the end of the meal, although they managed to remember to charge us for them, this was not the only mistake on the bill, which took about 15 minutes to arrive after asking for it and much debate before it was correct.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Graham L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel
Days Inn Hamilton
#3 of 4 in Hamilton
Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5
Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!