“Best B&B in the UK”
Review of Ridgeland House

Ridgeland House
Ranked #1 of 3 Motherwell B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Well this is the 2nd time we have stayed at a Ridgeland House - the beautiful home of Margaret & Jim.
This time we stayed for 3 nights and everything was perfect - we arrived and Margaret showed us to our room. The first thing I asked was "where is the football", the room was huge, decor brilliant, views stunning, location perfect.

I have stayed at many 5 Star hotels and B&B's in my time but I know I could not find anything better than Ridgeland House.

Margaret & Jim, we will be back in the new year - can't wait for that Scottish breakfast !!

Jim is is the process of building a log cabin for guests - can't wait for that.

Room Tip: ALL the rooms and en suite's are brilliant.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DenRum

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Thank you margaret...Excellant.. .location..service..value for money..breakfast..facilities..felt like home away from home (felt like taking my shoes off when I came through the door margaret lol). Would love to cone back again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank naidsali
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Ridgeland House is a beautiful B&B, And a credit to its wonderful friendly host Margaret. we recently stayed for 2 nights whilst visiting old friends in nearby Wishaw , We had the family room and it was up there with some of the best hotels very comfy and spacious, The house its self is stunning and set in wonderful countryside a little off the beaten track but I found this to be an asset rather than a negative as portrayed in other reviews, Margret is a really friendly host and made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived her breakfast is varied and filling and nothing is to much for her , we will certainly be going back to Ridgeland house in the not to distant future and we are very much looking forward to it already ..I Thank you Margret and hope to see you soon . Jeff / Karen and not forgetting our son ( who still cannot get his head around the Haggis and its ingredients ) From Bolton, England ..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jeff h
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Absolutely beautiful hotel. Unbelievable quality for a very reasonable price. Made to feel at home from the minute we a arrived. Rooms are very spacious, well kept and pleasantly decorated. Very clean. Cannot fault it! Would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in the area!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SWright26
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We spent the last night of our trip in Scotland in the Ridgeland House. It was a last minute booking without any idea of what to expect.
The surprise was really good. The bedroom was really big and the owner was really nice with us.
I wish I could have spent more time there....

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Thibault S
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Ridgeland House is a beautiful home in a picturesque country setting. Our rooms reflected that openness - they are huge - bigger than any B&B or hotel I've been in, and they are well appointed and very comfortable. Jim and Margaret are very friendly, gracious hosts and made us feel at home as soon as we walked in the door. They were very helpful in recommending a restuarant - we chose Dalziel Park about 4 miles away and it was excellent. We were heading to the borders next morning, and Ridgeland House is conventiently located close to M74 going down there. I had a delicious full Scottish breakfast and Margaret gladly prepared a bountiful vegan breakfast for my daughter. We were very pleased with our stay - I would definitely stay at Ridgeland House on a return trip. BTW - there are some very interesting wire frame statues in the garden for your enjoyment, and don't forget to pet the "fox"!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dennis O
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best places I've stayed, what is very shocking thing for Scotland it's a very nice place. Jim & Margret are the best host you can get, due the their high quality of hospitality and the way make you feel at home from the start. I stayed at this b&b for a long time & will 100% recommend it to everyone & will be going back soon.

• Stayed: March 2013