“True Italian experience in the heart of Lanarkshire”
Review of Da Claudio

Da Claudio
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Motherwell
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 6 work colleagues visited here for lunch.

Firstly I was impressed by the warm welcome we got from the waiter, really made us feel welcome.

Decor inside is lovely and modern.

We all ate from the lunch menu. Big thumbs up for the mushroom crostini starter and pork Milanese.
I have had Milanese to eat in lots of Italian restaurants but can honestly say this was the best Iv ever had. So much flavour in the pork not just a bland fried piece of meat that you find in many restaurants.

Bill for 7 which included soft drinks, 7 starters and mains, a portion of chips and 4 coffees came to under £90.00

We can't wait for a repeat visit, this time after work so we can enjoy some wine with our meal ;-)

2  Thank MissLauraO

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Since moving to North Lanarkshire I have been trying many restaurants on referral. Da Claudia was one of them. I tried booking within a weeks notice a few times for Friday or Saturday and it was fully booked. Went there tonight for a birthday meal. Overall the service and setting was really good. Only downside was steak special that was served swimming in salty sauce. I did mention to staff and their response was excellent. Still think steak sauce should be in jug and not submerging meat.

2  Thank Garstang67
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I must admit Italian is not even in my top 3 when it comes to eating out but it may change now.
A group of 4 of us ate there on a busy Saturday night, the waiters and waitresses were friendly, attentive and professional. Between us we had Ministrone soup, Tomato soup, Sirloin Steak, Lasagne with chips and to be fair nothing left on any of the plates. My Ministrone was piping hot full of flavour and vegetables, the steak was a decent size well cooked and enjoyable.
We should not have but we all went for a sweet I had the Chocolate orange cheescake and good it was too, a large portion with a nice crispy base covered in pouring cream, the others had it with tablet ice cream.
One very small point I prefer draught lager to bottled but it will not put me of visiting in the near future.

3  Thank AllyHScotland
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We were a large group and everyone enjoyed their food. A couple of people had special dietary requirements and the staff were very helpful. Great atmosphere, enough background music that you don't feel overheard, but can still hear people talking at your own table. We had to wait for drinks/the bill which is why service is 4 not 5. Everyone was friendly and the portions are large. We couldn't even consider desserts after a starter and main course! Suggest you book since they were busy even on a Wednesday.

4  Thank Anne J
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The food is amazing and so is the staff such a friendly place to go to eat and socialise with my family.

3  Thank LorraineMcGahan88