“Just the job”

Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Needed somewhere reasonably priced on the South side of Glasgow for my son to stay ,prior to him playing Scotland Students Exiles in RL Word Cup trial match. Had not used lodge type accomodation for a good few years. This however was a very pleasant surprise. Room was very clean, well equipped and comfortable. Cooked breakfast was excellent, with friendly staff happy to help and quickly replenish foods that were running low.All in all a restful night prior to the game.
Excellent value for money.
I am happy to answer any questions.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Family stayed there great all round hotel, restaurant. Assistant manager Graham deserves a special mention was surprised to hear he was only an assistant really made the place tick. Cookdd breakfast was immense really filled our boots.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank rab69
Reviewed December 24, 2012

It's quite expensive for what it is - a very basic chain motel stuck on the end of a Toby Carvery. There is no dedicated reception, so you have to check in at the bar, which for me involved a lengthy wait before anyone could or would deal with me. The room, when I finally got to it, was small and reasonably clean, and the bed was OK. The free continental breakfast is pretty spartan and the £3.99 upgrade to a full breakfast didn't look that tempting. No free wifi either.

Unless you get a steep discount on your stay, you might be well advised to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I never stay in "chains" as a rule as I like the individuality of "real" hotels. That said I had no choice but to stay here due to the meeting I had early the next day.

I am so glad I did as I cannot fault any aspect of my stay. The staff were lovely and really efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. The carvery was really good and excellent value.

Good company in the bar in the evening and the place had a really nice and friendly vibe!

I went here expecting a faceless dull chain inn but was really very pleasantly surprised by just about everything! well done to all the staff who made my stay so pleasant and made me feel so welcome!

I am in the area again soon and will definately come back here despite my loathing of "chains" as this place has broken out of that mould as far as I am concerned.

Well worth a stay if you like good service, good value food and a comfortable, clean room ( and nice people ) !!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Cags1970
Reviewed October 23, 2012

On route from Aberdeen to Birmingham we booked in here via the website. £49 for a family room. It's a bit confusing when you arrive because you book in at the restaurant, but that's a small thing. The sofa bed collapsed when my Granddaughter sat on it, but we got another room no bother. The room was clean and tidy and looked good. There is fee wi-fi in the restaurant. We just had the continental breakfast which is included in the price, the cooked breakfast is only £3.99 extra. Very good value for the price paid.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank maberly0
Reviewed October 1, 2012

As we were travelling up to Scotland we decided to split our journey on the way up and on the way back down and after reading the other reviews on this site we decided to stay here. We're happy to say we weren't disappointed. The room was large and very comfortable with a sofa rather than the usual one chair!

The first evening of our stay the restaurant was closed, but they did ring us beforehand to warn us of this. When we arrived and because it was getting late they kindly rang for a pizza delivery for us! On our return stay the restaurant was open so we had the 'carvery' which was very good value.

We would deffinately stay here again.

Room Tip: The room we had on our jouney up to Scotland was room 109 which was lovely the room we had on our wa...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oakwoodgals
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We spent five nights here. The room was large and well appointed with a good TV, Wi-Fi connection and a superb power shower in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the sheets changed daily. We had both the continental and cooked breakfasts available. Both were of good quality. We would recommend this Hotel for its' friendly staff, good food, cleanliness and excellent price!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TDT3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5
Dakota Eurocentral
Dakota Eurocentral
#1 of 9 in Motherwell
Holiday Inn Express Hamilton

Been to Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park? Share your experiences!