“Can't fault this restaurant. The food is excellent.”

The Glasshouse Restaurant @ the AlonA
Ranked #8 of 69 Restaurants in Motherwell
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Had quick meal in here at around 6pm in the evening and couldn't fault quality or price. Would certainly recomemend.

1  Thank Kate G

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We were at Strathclyde Park myself husband elderly mother my daughter and 9 month old grandson. We decided to go for afternoon tea and went to the AlonA. It was wonderful if every way. The selection of food with the afternoon tea/coffee package was great lovely sandwiches beef & horseradish, tuna cucumber, cheese, ham & tomatoe good amount per person plus scones, cream, jam, fresh butter, strawberries clotted cream, carrot cake biscuits and a good sized coffee pot per person. Wonderful jug of iced water etc. Best afternoon tea I've had. The staff were great and provided good safe highchair for the baby and the toilet facilities were excellent for mum to reach as they were on same level and had disabled facilities and also excellent baby changing etc for Noah.

I had a look at the leaflets and saw good competitive delegate rates for meetings etc and offers for mothers day, weddings, funerals etc.

The Dinner menu looked good too. A really nice atmosphere in the AlonA and I would certainly visit again.

1  Thank Rebecca18
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Visited The Alona for a birthday afternoon tea with three friends. Served by a lovely young (foreign) lady. Seated immediately and order taken within a few minutes of arriving. Food arrived around 10 minutes later. We had lovely freshly made sandwiches. Tuna mayo, roast beef and mustard, gammon salad and cheese and pickle. Scones were hot and served with jam and cream. Lovely cakes one of which was a thin shortbread topped with a raspberry mousse and fresh raspberry - delicious! Choice of tea or coffee was available. £7.99 per person. Staff were very attentive. Would highly recommend. Excellent value for money.

1  Thank Joenie
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The beautiful location, excellent service, pristine cleanliness and delicious food all contributed to our overall enjoyment of our time at The Glasshouse Restaurant/

1  Thank KiitiKat
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have just had afternoon tea at this hotel!!!!!!!!!!! Never again. We waited ten minutes to be seated despite only having another few customers. We had to ask twice for a glass of wine, which was poured by the most angry waitress I have ever seen, she constantly barked at her colleague who was clearly new. When the afternoon tea arrived we were given a coleslaw sandwich, very unusual. We had to ask for jam for the scones and I didn't want to ask for a spoon for the cream as moody waitress was constantly glowering at me. I should have complained to the manager , but when he came from the kitchen with a carrot baton in hand, I thought, maybe not, then some diners food was plated up and low and behold carrot baton was served!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The moody waitress made comments about leaving her chat to serve customers!!!! Thats what you get paid for . I have since contacted the hotel and waiting for a response.

13  Thank 137Lesley15