“love the toby”

Toby Carvery
Ranked #8 of 65 Restaurants in Motherwell
Cuisines: British, Pub, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“love the toby”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

been going here for years n even when its busy very busy the staff are great louise n Donald are brilliant always found the food very good I was in the trade myself for years and cant fault the place o n a forgot to mention Lorraine n the rest of the chefs so keep up the good work guys hope to see you all soon

• Visited March 2014

• Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Poor”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I.v been going to toby for a few yrs not for the food but just for a glass of wine in the evening it was shut for a cpl of weeks for a refurb a term I will use loosely we used to sit in the corner quite comfortably ! It,s all changed small hard seats they obviously don't want people to be comfortable and just want bums on seats for a few mins ....also it's freezing hardly ever heating on I had to ask on Sunday night to have it put on. It,s ok for the carvery people but the staff in "bar" are bloody freezing as are the customers imagine having too sit with holding a cup of warm tea to warm your hands up ...honestly!!!! ....now comes the wine it's not wine it's utter crap I tried all of the dry wines i couldn't distinguish one from tuther honestly !!!!!!i love a Pinot Grigio but unfortunately the one in here has no resemblance to one..... I lave also tried to put a complaint onto the web sight but for some reason it doesn't let me hmmmm I wonder why,... Anyway guys you have lost 2 very good customers we have spent a lot of time there and got too know the staff Liegh is the best always had a smile for us as for Emma and Donald very very friendly always gave us time ... But alas we won't be back which is sad.. I would love some feed back from management but maybe that's why they won't let me onto to complain lol ....

1 Thank June37
motherwell
“Dry meat, raw vegetables and brick hard yorkshire puddings”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food is really not very good. OK it might be cheap, but the food should still be edible. Staff not very welcoming and very slow with drinks order

1 Thank albundi75
glasgow
“Cheap & cheerful”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in here one Sunday evening after being able to secure a table elsewhere, by this time we were very hungry.
We had about a 10 minute edit before we were seated.
Our server didn't explain the process & we were left sitting for about 5/10 minutes debating what the procedure was - we hadn't ever been to a Toby Carvery before.

We eventually decided to get up & head to the queue of diners. I stopped a member of staff - possibly management on the way there & asked the procedure. He kindly told me what to do & asked where I was sitting.

Food - was actually ok, however they had ran out of parsnips & the gravy was low by time it was our turn. My daughter who is 11 thought it was the best dinner ever lol.

Our server never came back at all not even to take drinks but on fact managed to add the table behind us bar bill to ours!!

We overheard that the restaurant was closing that evening for a refurbishment.

I only hope they replenished some of their staff too. Can't say we are in a rush to go back. However a all in all the food was ok & the price was cheap.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Badly managed restaurant”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We waited for 35 mins in the carvery queue, after waiting 15 mins for our table. After placing our drinks on the table which we were directed to buy, whilst we waited in the queue, they were flat following our lengthy queue time
The place was freezing, there was no organisation and no interest in the poor service we had received

Poor show