“Busy Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Toby Carvery
Ranked #7 of 63 Restaurants in Motherwell
Cuisines: British, Pub, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Scotland
“Busy Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Went to this Toby Carvery with a group of friends, on the whole found it to be a very pleasant experience.
The quantity of meat served up was adequate and the roast potatoes were the best I have tasted in any Carvery. one complaint I do have is that the Gravy Table is not too prominent, either that or queuing diners were obscuring it. We found the Staff to be efficient, polite and friendly.
Prices were very reasonable for both food and drink.

• Visited April 2013

kirkcaldy
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We have been to few toby caverys..This the worsed, the vegtables wasn't cooked properly, where we sat was draughty. .

I didn't enjoy the meal at all

4 Thank margaretcameron43
“OMG talk about skimp on the meat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I must start by saying most of the staff were lovely but the what looked like a "manager" brought our drinks over & proceeded to call me in a rather condescending manner "young lady" (I'm 46) get a grip "young man" & change your patter it's not appreciated. Now on to the carvery it's self, I have never seen such a small portion of meat, it wasnt even 3 half slices (no exaggeration) was a toddlers portion. Thank god the potatoes & veg although luke warm & pretty tasteless were as much as you want or you'd starve. Only thing decent about this experience was the fact I now know although being my first visit it will be my last. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY FOLKS.

4 Thank formidablelady1
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Service Non-Existent!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Arrived around 3.30pm and were seated almost immediately, however it took 10 minutes for someone to come and take out drinks order! It was quite busy and there was a queue for the carvery, this disappeared quite quickly, and we choose out meats, the chef carving had a bout of the sneezes, and being in full view of customers would have been nice to see her wash her hands before dishing up any more plates...but this did not happen! The potatoes and veg, could have done with replenishing as there were no edible roast potatoes, cabbage was empty and hardly any onions!
We did all (there were 4 of us) enjoy our plates and were looking forward to dessert! After finishing, all our plates were empty so you couldn't mistake we were still picking at what was left, no one came to clear! Instead the staff, numerous male and females walked by, including what looked like the floor managers, leaving us with our dirty plates, one waiter reset tables around us and got drinks orders for other tables and we sat for 20 minutes before we could get someone's attention to clear!
We all ordered desserts and the waiter brought them, 2 ice cream sundaes tucked under his arm, I was not impressed! After finishing desserts we had to wait again to try and get the attention of a waiter to get our bill, I'm sure we could have got up and left without paying, as the staff seemed to enjoy standing at the piller on entry talking!
Is it a surprise that our bill was also wrong, and took a further 10 minutes to be rectified, all in all, I understand they may have been busy, but I have been several times before and been served much quicker, and had 100% better service! It will be a long time before I attend another Carvery, especially this one! Extremely disappointed!

“Good grub!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Food is pretty good! I go often at lunch time and its Defo worth the money!

Staff are friendly and helpful! Food always been great! ... Only really get the beef! Great that the drinks are refillable! Maybe more meat and less fat on the beef would only thing I would change!