“Service Non-Existent!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Arrived around 3.30pm and were seated almost immediately, however it took 10 minutes for someone to come and take out drinks order! It was quite busy and there was a queue for the carvery, this disappeared quite quickly, and we choose out meats, the chef carving had a bout of the sneezes, and being in full view of customers would have been nice to see her wash her hands before dishing up any more plates...but this did not happen! The potatoes and veg, could have done with replenishing as there were no edible roast potatoes, cabbage was empty and hardly any onions!
We did all (there were 4 of us) enjoy our plates and were looking forward to dessert! After finishing, all our plates were empty so you couldn't mistake we were still picking at what was left, no one came to clear! Instead the staff, numerous male and females walked by, including what looked like the floor managers, leaving us with our dirty plates, one waiter reset tables around us and got drinks orders for other tables and we sat for 20 minutes before we could get someone's attention to clear!
We all ordered desserts and the waiter brought them, 2 ice cream sundaes tucked under his arm, I was not impressed! After finishing desserts we had to wait again to try and get the attention of a waiter to get our bill, I'm sure we could have got up and left without paying, as the staff seemed to enjoy standing at the piller on entry talking!
Is it a surprise that our bill was also wrong, and took a further 10 minutes to be rectified, all in all, I understand they may have been busy, but I have been several times before and been served much quicker, and had 100% better service! It will be a long time before I attend another Carvery, especially this one! Extremely disappointed!

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Food is pretty good! I go often at lunch time and its Defo worth the money!

Staff are friendly and helpful! Food always been great! ... Only really get the beef! Great that the drinks are refillable! Maybe more meat and less fat on the beef would only thing I would change!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

scrimp too much on the the meat and turkey veg is over cooked and tastless, counter staff not very pleasant and peak times dishes arent refilled as often as they should

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Need to cook the veg a bit less but everything else very good!

Excellent meat, wonderful gravy, fantastic Yorkies but veg cooked toooooo much unless you're a toothless pensioner!

Only the super hungry should pay an extra £1.50 for the super sized option in my opinion.

Staff made my 8 year old feel very welcome too.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Plenty to eat and food was nice and fresh. Decor was very clean and well maintained and the young lady at reception was first class.