“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lounge

Lounge
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Largs
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Soups, Scottish, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: A stylish venue in the heart of largs. A great alternative space for wedding parties and events. Why not stop by and try our great food, our huge range of cocktails or relax on our outdoor terrace. We have a selection of award-winning menus and great special offers which showcase our locally sourced, seasonal produce.
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

In for our anniversary dinner, recommended by friends from Largs. What a place! The restaurant / ballroom has loads of original features including sprung dancefloor, wood panelling and a massive real fire - you don't see many of them these days. Place was busy but service seemed fine to us and we had no problem getting served. On to the main event, the food. I had scallops which were cooked to perfection and my husband had the locally caught langoustines both were cooked to perfection and the black pudding with mine was delicious - the best I've ever tasted. Main courses we both went for steaks as we were celebrating (that's my excuse anyway!) I hade a fillet and hubby a rib-eye. Again both were cooked exactly as requested and served with tomato, mushrooms and onion rings, delicious again. We were both too stuffed to sample desserts so can't comment there - ill definitely be back to try them out though! We finished off with a glass of wine in front of a roaring fire on a freezing December evening - what more could you want?

1 Thank DianeMcGregor999

“The most understaffed restaurant in Scotland?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Food was ok!,but good lord! Where are the staff?
Was warned by a friend that service was atrocious but against this advice decided to give it a try as the chef has a good reputation locally.
My friend was right, but I have to say the poor service to me didn't appear to be the fault of the staff on duty but rather the fault of whoever does the staff rosters! The place is hopelessly understaffed . Won't be returning!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Jacf564
Bilbao, Spain
“Excellent surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

The food was absolutely amazing. What a scallops!! The selection of wines was really special. We chosen an owesome Rioja crianza very rare to fink outside Spain. Great dinner!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Largs, United Kingdom
“Best place to eat and drink in largs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

fab food, great entertainment, brilliant comedy club and quiz night, lovely building and nice decor, really friendly staff. Definately worth a visit!

Visited June 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Awful Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Extremely disappointed with the service when I was trying to order a round of drinks for myself and 2 friends only to be repeatedly ignored by the bar staff only getting served when another customer intervened was I able to order. Originally we planned on ordering food but I wasn't going to give Lounge any more of my money after that pathetic service. Just don't bother going.

• Visited September 2012