“Wonderful tour by Go-Go Bus and George Martin!”

Go-Go Bus Private Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Largs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience a special selection of private breathtaking Scottish tours for groups of up to eight people. We specialise in shore excursions from cruise ships arriving at Greenock (Glasgow). Your guide, George Martin, is experienced, knowledgeable and committed to providing world class service. Our luxury eight passenger minibus allows you to venture and stop at places of interest where big vehicles can not go, and offers you personal attention and interaction with your guide.
Kimberton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful tour by Go-Go Bus and George Martin!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Hello George, I must say you are extraordinary at what you do! Ever patient, confident, diplomatic, very knowledgeable, generous with sharing your knowledge, a genuine love of Scotland and a winning way with people! And a safe a careful driver with tremendous experience with the twisting roads and byways of Auld Scotia! Who could ask for more?

And to think that you undertook this great adventure without having a totally pre-planned route AND over NINE, yes count them, NINE days!!

Thank you so much George for all that you did to make our sojourn to Scotland one filled with happy memories and a wish to do it all again!

Stephen and Sharon Holt
Kimberton, PA

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Stephen H
George M, Owner at Go-Go Bus Private Day Tours, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Many thanks for your sincere review and wonderful compliments. It was my pleasure to escort you and your party around my beautiful country. Best regards. George

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Exceeded All Expectations”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I, together with another couple, recently completed a 9-day tour through Scotland with George Martin of Go-Go Bus, and I really cannot say enough about how much George contributed to our experience. His van is modern and roomy, with plenty of room for four adults and our (admittedly oversized) luggage, and is kept scrupulously clean -- George brushed out the interior every day to remove all the mud, grass, etc. that we tracked in from our treks through the heather.

But it is George himself, and not his vehicle, that makes Go-Go Bus extraordinary. Even over the course of 9 long days, he was unfailingly friendly, funny, and flexible; willing to stop anytime or anywhere to accommodate impromptu photo sessions, making useful suggestions about what to see or where to eat, and offering historical or cultural background on sites of interest as they passed by. George is also the sort of fellow who can get along with and talk to people from all walks of life. Whenever necessary, he went to bat for us with local shopkeepers, innkeepers, and transportation officials to cut red tape, obtain special access, or get a refund or "concession" on purchases. He takes a sincere interest in his clients, and has a real pride in his ability to enhance their experience in Scotland.

George is the only driver I have ever hired in Scotland, so I cannot say that he is the best in the country. But I can say that he is the only driver I ever will hire in Scotland, so long as he is available. I recommend him without reservation.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank BravoFive
Hello from Bonnie Scotland, sincere thanks for your wonderful review, it was my pleasyre to show you all around my beautiful country. Kindest regards, George.
Millport UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Visit to Samye Ling Buddhist Centre, Eskdalemuir”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I've gone on this trip three times now and would thoroughly recommend it. The drive down is very comfortable, passing through lovely, varied scenery, and Samye Ling itself is a unique experience. You can attend a service in the temple, take tea in the Tibetan tea rooms, walk in the lovely grounds,sit quietly by the river and of course visit the gift shop, which is not to be missed! George knows a great deal about it and is a friendly and informative guide, bringing along books and excellent photos to enhance the experience. His cheery personality adds to the enjoyment of the visit...a really special day out.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Moira I
I just want to say thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is always a pleasure to enjoy your company on our excursions. Best wishes, George
midland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Tour of Scotland”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I found Go-Go Scotland Tours online and contacted George about a private tour on our recent British Isles cruise. We began our communications several months prior to the cruise and by the time we left for the cruise, I felt like George and I were already best friends. He was invaluable in making suggestions and helping us plan our day so that it was exactly what we wanted. After all of our communications, I was very excited about the tour and knew it would be wonderful. I was not expecting it to exceed my expectations. We had so much fun and George was wonderful about sharing his vast knowledge of his wonderful country. We hope to go back to Scotland soon and spend more time with our new best friend, George! I highly recommend Go-Go Scotland!

Visited May 2012
Your wonderful review is much appreciated. Many thanks for giving me the opportunity to show you around Bonnie Scotland. Best regards, George.
Oshawa, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour of Scotland”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stopped in Greenock Scotland for the day as a cruise port of call. We found George Martin of Go-Go Bus Tours online and booked him for a 6-hour tour to Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond. The tour was one of the highlights of our trip. The coach was clean and comfortable, George arrive on-time and was easy to find and his knowledge of Scotland was second to none. It was an excellent tour and I would highly recommend him (price was reasonable two as it was split between four couples).

Visited May 2012
Many thanks for booking me for your Scottish tour. Fine Spring weather to showcase Bonnie Scotland and make it a great day out for us all. Best wishes, George.