“Good service, good atmosphere”
Review of Scotts at Largs

Scotts at Largs
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Largs
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located at Largs Yacht Haven, Scotts is a stylish new Bar & Restaurant.Open from 9am, Scotts serves food all day, as well as a selection of coffee, juices and snacks for sailors and landlubbers alike!Stylish, informal surroundings, friendly service and, above all, a sumptuous selection of freshly prepared dishes. Scotts restaurant is the ideal setting for light lunches, special occasion dining, and everything in between.Our heated outdoor terrace is open all year round, and with 15 Champagnes & Wines available by the glass and a tempting cocktail list, there could be no finer place to enjoy the evening sunset over the Firth of Clyde and Cumbrae.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Having never been here before we went with my Mother who is in her 80s and the 3 of us all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The choice was fantastic and the food we ordered was delicious. There was some delay between courses but as this was Sunday lunch we expected that. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would certainly return and will recommend to friends and family.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great service. Great food! I had the haggis appetizer, the pork belly for mains and the banana and toffee mess for dessert. All delicious. The staff are very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We dined at Scotts Largs venue on Sat 2/11/13 arrived at around 8ish for our booking. Prior to this visit, we come to Scotts Largs on average twice a month, along with all other buzzworks venues here and there. So we know that there have been occasions where things havent been great by a long shot but aren't really professional complainers.

After sitting down me, and other 3 friends noticed the small side plates that had been set out were ALL dirty and had clearly not been cleaned properly, same goes for some of the cutlery.
We ordered drinks, some of them came after 15 minutes, and the cocktails 10 minutes after this, explanation being that bar was busy, which by the way it didn't appear to be. Cocktails arrived, one with a chipped glass, which was sent away also, it was chipped in a way which if you hadn't noticed would have actually cut your lip on it. Anyway, let it go i suppose.

My friends all had pate, it arrived after a bit of a wait, one of which came with no toast/bread as it usually does, we mentioned this to the waitress before she dissapeared and she said oh, il go and get it, no apology offered, which is basic manors.

Mains, 2 x fillet steak with pepper sauce both medium cooked, both fillets (which we have almost every time we come to scotts) were luke warm, and rare, not medium, and the £2.50 paid for the pepper sauce is not justified as there was hardly any this time, My friends came with mash as she prefers this, which was actually solid and cold, eventually pointed this out and it was taken away, i ate mines as didn't want to cause any more fuss.

Upon paying our bill the guy serving us said to my friend which had the issue with the fillet steak, "i took the steak off the bill ok?" as if he's doing some of favour to us? erm, thats the very least he could do/

All in all it simply was not worth the visit, money, time, etc, and will now be going elsewhere. This is atleast the 4th visit we've had that was not good. No more chances, and no more of our hard earned cash! Im sure the manager is completely oblivious to these incidents, but should know of these.

However my 2 other friends enjoyed their meals, although admitted that it was not worth the money for the amount of problems we always face, and it should be of a much higher standard. On one last note, our steak knives came and we didnt have to ask for these, as on atleast 4 occasions before this we had to ask.

I hope no one else experiences such poor service as we did, and have.
Scotts, Please get yourself sorted out.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

As always, food was tasty and beautifully presented. Warm welcome although it was very busy and we were late. Our waiter was fantastic, gave guidance on choices and even brought my son's dessert with 'Happy Birthday' piped on it after my son had decided to keep his birthday cake for later. Scotts is always a pleasure. Looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank flamingnorah
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My family and I dined at Scotts one Sunday evening . The setting is wonderful and the ambience great. The menu good choice we had the seafood platter to share and it was ok but nothing great. One of my sons had a Ceasers salad and paid extra for prawns which was a bit of a let down to be honest. The rest of the meal was as I mentioned just ok but not great. I am not a professional complainer however I do expect value for money and if you are paying a fair price I do expect good food. Service was fine duty manager was very cheery and made us welcome. I would return but not on a regular basis . Just ok .