“Great welcome, delicious breakfast and warm hospitality”
Review of The Broom Lodge

The Broom Lodge
Ranked #11 of 24 Largs B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My in-laws stayed here on 28 December and they were given a lovely welcome. They loved the breakfast, said the rooms were very clean!! Would definitely recommend this B&B - a little pricey at £70, but I was glad they got such good service & attention and made so welcome

Room Tip: Front rooms can be noisy in winter if rainy & windy - but beautiful views from these rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in a beautiful, clean, dry, warm room with plenty of space and facilities. Very friendly, yet discreet service and the owner was always on hand to assist. Very relaxed atmosphere, quiet house on the beautiful Largs seafront with gorgeous views from the dining room. A real 'find' for all kinds of travellers, highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

wouldnt recommend this place to my worst enemy,its disgusting and filthy,waited an hour in the pouring rain until the owner showed up to let us in without even an apoligy was showing to a room that was dirty shower room was also filthy.we decided to get out of there this wasnt taking well with the owners partner who threw our luggage out the door his behavour was appauling.owner dosent stay at the property but leaves her daughter to run it.

Room Tip: stay here at your own risk.
Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 440Mary
broomlodge, Owner at The Broom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

No part of this review is remotely truthful. No arrival time was given & I arrived within 15 minutes of ladies calling to say they were at Broom Lodge. It was a pleasant dry afternoon. Introduction was made & apology offered for the 15 minute wait.

Guests were shown in & enjoyed hospitality of room including tea, coffee, hot chocolate, water & biscuits. At no time was any displeasure shown until some 4 hours later when there was a strong smell of alcohol they informed my daughter they were leaving. I was visiting a friend at the time.

Personal derogatory comments were made to my daughter at which point she called to my parter for assistance. He would not tolerate this & asked the guests to leave immediately.

Previous reviews are real representation of Broom Lodge.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was my first visit to Broom Lodge Bed & Breakfast and I will certainly be back! Sitting right above the water, what stunning views this house offers. Welcomed by Seona the hostess who went out her way to make us feel at home & assisted happily to questions regarding tourist trips in the area. Nothing was too much effort. Large rooms with comfortable beds, good quality linen etc. I've not had a breakfast like this in years! Fresh fruit, (different choice each day) countless cereals to choose from, delicious yoghurts then a full traditional Scottish breakfast - made just the way you like it. Individual dietary requirements catered for happily! My husband required gluten free bread and soya milk, this wasn't an issue at all. All of the above was cooked & served by Seona who was an exceptionally cheery bright morning person, very refreshing indeed.
Ideal location, 5 minutes from town centre of Largs and around 15 minutes walk from the beautiful Largs marina. Cannot understand negative reviews!! There is no pleasing some people I guess.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful location overlooking the sea to Cumbrae. Very friendly indeed, warm and inviting by Hostess Seona. Breakfast was 1st Class with plenty of choice. I have already booked again for next month.
Thank you once again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is the second visit to The Broom Lodge B&B, the welcome you get is extremely warm and friendly and Seona has a very bubbly personality she is always eager to make sure your stay is comfortable and pleasant, the room was comfortable and had all the amenities you need to enjoy your stay. We would, no will be staying here again.

Room Tip: front rooms have a super view of the isle of cumbrae
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Made a booking for Broom Lodge via email which was confirmed by an immediate reply. 5 minutes later I realised I hadn't checked to make sure the room was en-suite (a deal breaker for me) so emailed straight away to check.

Three days later (after I had left an answerphone message as well) she (Seona) emailed back to say the room was not en-suite and if we no longer wanted the room to let her know.

Within a couple of hours I was able to reply and cancel the room. It seems they were only interested in replying promptly before the booking was taken.

Then on the date of our planned arrival I receive a text message asking for our arrival time and when I reply back that we had cancelled our room I immediately receive a condescending and patronising message back.

I run my own business and I would not treat my customers like this. Initially we had thought we may visit again and rebook earlier to make sure we got the ensuite room but you will not find me crossing her threshold now.

If this is how they treat their customers before they arrive how are they treated whilst they are there?

Therefore my tip to Broom Lodge is if you advertise email addresses and telephone numbers then check for messages and reply promptly to them and secondly, try and reply professionaly otherwise you are just giving your business a shoddy image.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sjljha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largs
Brisbane House Hotel
St Leonards Guest house
Lynegar Guest House
Lynegar Guest House
#5 of 24 in Largs

Been to The Broom Lodge? Share your experiences!