“Excellent friendly service”
Review of The Broom Lodge

The Broom Lodge
Ranked #11 of 24 Largs B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 27, 2013

A quick overnight stay, met by warm friendly staff, nice clean room with a view. Comfortable bed & breakfast cooked exactly the way I like it, thanks.
Situated close to town centre, and on the sea front, location is perfect.
View from breakfast room over to Cumbrae with the sun shining on the water was a perfect way to start the day.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Mum and I have stayed at Broomlodge many times now and we wouldn't like to stay anywhere else in Largs.
As for the breakfast.......certainly something to look forward to every single morning.

The owner, Seona, with her lovely personality, makes Broomlodge the perfect place to stay.

Elizabeth from Denmark

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Broom Lodge last week (Feb2013) whilst visiting my family in the area. Lovely warm hospitality, great breakfast - fresh berries with yogurt along with a full english was all delicious and served promptly. Both my room and ensuite were large and very clean with lots of tea & coffee. It also had a new styled TV. Two large sturdy wardrobes, a dressing table and dresser drawers so there was plenty of room for all my clothes. The only minor draw back was the bed as it was not as firm as I would have liked (I like a very firm mattress). The location was great as it was within walking distance of the centre of Largs and the ferries. The dining room had a lovely view of the sea looking over to the island of Cumbrae. The best B & B stay I've had in ages. Definitely value for money so I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was a lovely little B&B situated right on the front at Largs in a raised position, just below was a great play park our daughter 8 couldn't believe her luck. It was a 2 minute walk from the centre. The room was spacious and very well provided, lots of tea and coffee, shower gel shampoo. Seona the owner was lovely and provided in my opinion a 5 star breakfast, lots of fresh fruit strawberrys blueberrys raspberrys melon, and a full Scottish breakfast, and it was excellent value for money.

Room Tip: I am not sure if a room with a view was available but our room was just lovely without.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

What a view-- across the water to the " Isles"--- and what a welcome. A super reception at arrival -- by a seriously good dressage rider who will be in the Horse of the year show with her gorgeous painted horse. Looked after and fed so well at breakfast we did not want to leave-- but need must. Recommendations for dinner proved excellent " Scotts" at the Marina.
A truly welcoming experience we really enjoyed our visit and hopefully will visit again.
(And will look out for the Paint horse at the Horse of the year show!! ) Good luck-- you deserve it for the welcome given to us.

Room Tip: Take along your appetite you will be well provided for. Also Scotts is worth a visit-- at the Marin...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The B&B is in an excellent location on the foreshore, with easy parking, and great views across the water to the isle of Cumbrae. It’s walking distance to the town centre and railway station.
I booked in for 3 nights and was allocated a beautiful attic room that was very spacious and furnished with two queen size beds. I actually had to choose which one to sleep in!
The B&B was a recommendation from a local who knew the owner. I was warned about the amazing breakfasts cooked by hostess Seona – a huge, hearty Scottish fry-up that included black pudding on one of the days. It was described as a substantial attack on my arteries and that it would set me up for the rest of the day.
Not everything went smoothly during my stay, but after all, it was a B&B and the family had a life to lead outside of the business. Overall, a very pleasant stay and recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My brother and I had to come up from Dorset for my aunt's funeral so we booked two nights in a twin room at this establishment. The whole experience at Broom Lodge was wonderful, the room was clean, warm and very homely. The breakfast was magnificent, ample cereal, fruit and yoghurt and the cooked Scottish breakfast was so large and lovely that we struggled to finish it! The Lady owner made us so very welcome and she was very 'bubbly', kind and elegant! If you are looking for a great Bed & Breakfast establishment with very reasonable rates, within a couple of minutes walking distance on the centre of Largs shopping and restaurant area, but on a very quiet side road with stunning sea views and ample unrestricted parking then stay here; they have single, double, twin and family rooms and huge wonderful breakfasts!!

Room Tip: Book early as the Bed & Breakfast establishment has only a small number of rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Mark B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largs
Brisbane House Hotel
Woodhouse Hotel
Woodhouse Hotel
#9 of 24 in Largs
St Leonards Guest house

Been to The Broom Lodge? Share your experiences!