“Great pub lunches”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The George is a traditional pub right on the Main street at Largs. Right beside all the best shops and the train station, what could be more convenient? Good quality pub grub and great service. Also serves tea and coffee along with the usual range of beers etc. Very reasonable prices, it's where I take friends and family when we come for a day at the seaside.

1  Thank Patricia G

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Decent price which doesn't break the bank, had a lovely lunch with the mrs.The main courses were both excellent and my dessert (choc fudge cake) was divine.

We regular drink there, but this was the first time we came here for a meal.

1  Thank Smithsta1
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have visited this establishment on many occasions in the past and since writing for trip advisor I thought that it deserved a mention from myself.This is a friendly well run pub serving up a good selection of pub nosh and over the years I have never been given cause for complaint snd I have no hesitation in recommending this as an ideal spot in Largs for a drink and something to eat it does not pretend to be what it is not it just lives up to its reputation as a very pleasant hostelty.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were wandering around thinking about early dinner and decided to try the George. I am glad we did, reasonably busy but got table no problem, good food prices reasonable And the staff very attentive and friendly. I would certainly go there again on my next visit to Largs and also recommend to my friends.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Party of 5 arrived 19.30 to order food, seated quickly didn't book table. We were all served quickly ordered food arrived within 5 mins. Hot and tasty. Only complaint is that the menu doesn't have that much to offer but then again you don't have to think much about what you want. No weights against the stakes so do know what size your going to get. Staff seam nice and helpful.