“Delightful!”
Review of 16 Charles Street

16 Charles Street
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Largs
16 Charles Street
Ranked #18 of 24 Largs B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2013

A great stay - the room was lovely, with everything you would need. Una is very kind and makes an absolutely delicious breakfast! I would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone who is planning a stay in Largs.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank A L
There are newer reviews for 16 Charles Street

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here for two nights while attending a friend's wedding in Fairlie. Una is a delight - and even ironed my husband's shirt for him for the wedding! Lovely en suite room, really well equipped with tea, coffee and even chocolates when we arrived - and breakfast was an absolute treat. You can't miss no 16 as you head down Charles Street ... it's the one with the beautiful garden! Definitely planning a return visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helencroxy
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We spent the last two days of our Scottish tour at 16 Charles Street. Una's kindness and willingness to help in any way possible was a real treat. The house is beautifully furnished, spotlessly clean, and very comfortable. Una cooked breakfast to order each morning - delicious!
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

A friend and myself were on a motorcycle tour of the west coast of Scotland in early April and stayed at 16 Charles street,Largs for two nights. What a find.Our hostess Una was very welcoming,friendly and a fount of local knowledge.This caused us to stay an extra night.The room was very comfortable,clean with great facilities and peaceful.
First class full Scottish breakfast to set us up for the day.Will recommend to family and friends.
Will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2013

In the process of buying our home and moving to Largs, my Husband and I have stayed with Una several times. Having lived abroad for a number of years and experiencing many cultures, Scottish hospitality takes a lot to beat! Una could not do enough for us, nothing was too much for her. Our room was cosy, the towels and bedding were lovely and fresh. Breakfast in the morning couldn't be better. We would recommend 16 Charles Street for a lovely Scottish experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had the pleasure of "going home" to Scotland in 2009. I stayed at 16 Charles Street for about 5 days upon arrival. Una is a warm and caring hostess with a great sense of humour - always smiling. With a muscle disability, I was challenged by the stairs, but Una's reassurance of being well looked after made my stay very pleasant. Breakfasts were fabulous. The decor, cleanliness and comfort of the room was impeccable and the shower room very accessible for me. I could have sat looking out that window in my room for days on end, listening to the wee train every hour and being wakened by the sea gulls in the morning - around 4:30 a.m. to be exact. But I did get out and about Scotland, and ended up staying with Una again the last few days of my trip. Going back there would be like "going home"! The reason this review is so late is that I had a hard time finding a review site, so I gave up (I had to mark July 2012 to get my review posted). Sorry Sandy & Una, but I hope this will encourage others to stay with you. - Kathryn

Room Tip: If you're met at the door with a smile and someone who is listening to your needs, then proceed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Myself, my daughter and my sister stayed here for 2 nights in July for a wedding in Largs. We were made very welcome by Una on our arrival. Had a lovely breakfast both mornings, which was made fresh and how we liked it.

The bedroom was a twin with a shared bathroom. It was immaculately clean, with tea, coffee, bottled water and biscuits in the room. We had 2 x single beds and a pull out bed for my 2 year old. She slept right through which shows how comfortable it was!

Would really recommend this b&b to anyone looking to stay in largs! Just a very short stroll to seafront, town and supermarket!

Room Tip: Twin room with shared bathroom is bright, spacious and comfortable!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family