Carlton Seamill B & B
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Seamill Hydro(West Kilbride)
View Hotel
The Waterside Hotel(West Kilbride)
Lauriston Hotel(Ardrossan)
View Hotel
The Kingarth Hotel(Kilchattan Bay)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2009

a warm welcome awaits you at Seamill and Avril is very attentive. The rooms are comfortable enough with quaint touches. The bathroom was clean if a little basic.
The Scottish breakfast took ages to prepare and was swimming in grease, the tea coffee and other offerings were fine. All in all a value offering in an idyllic location.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bigGFife
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Me and my boyfriend are back from Scotland few days ago and definetly we will keep it in mind. Specially Carlton Seamill, whose room was fulfilled with all the details (including a little cattle and a great selection of teas and coffee).
We could not agree the exact time of our arriving, but when we did, Avril Rennie was there, at the door, giving us a charming welcome.
After getting installed in our room, she gave us such interesting advice that now, after some days back, we fee fond of having followed them.
And, what could be said of the breakfast!!! Totally customised and a little more. Just fantastic.
We definetly feel is one of the best places we could stay at.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Projectur
Reviewed December 17, 2008

We were booked in to stay for 2 nights but cancelled our second night. The bathroom floor was absolutely filthy, and the bin was overflowing. I had already decided to book out after one night but decided to give the breakfast a go (despite my instincts) because of the "rave" reviews on trip advisor. When I poured my coffee from a silver pot there floating on the top was the most wonderful piece of bacteria I have ever seen. Avril offered to "rinse" the pot and make me a fresh one, needless to say I declined. There was also no central heating or double glazing so if you are looking for a romantic night in winter this is not it. I felt that Avril's lack of cleanliness was posing a potenial threat to customers health therefore felt I had to report it to the environmental health officer.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank buntyScotland_UK
Reviewed July 13, 2008

We have just spent 5 nights at the Carlton Seamill (we were attending a wedding at the Hydro just along the road), and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The owner was extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for us, she has a weatlh of local (& further afield) knowledge and was able to advise us on how we could get the best out of our stay. The breakfast is one of the best we have had, plenty of good quality food, and each breakfast cooked to individual requirements. The views from the main bedrooms are wonderful. If you are looking for friendly, individual, comfy accommodation do give the Carlton Seamill a try, if you're looking for a 'factory' style hotel where you are just a number then this one isn't for you.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank MintoHampshire
Reviewed February 20, 2008

As you drive up the coast road leading north through
Ayrshire, are you looking for a bed? What about Carlton,
Seamill? I have stayed there so I want to recommend it.
Rooms which are Victorian in style have been carefully
conserved, and will please everyone who appreciates comfort
combined with history. Beautifully furnished, and kept
scrupulously clean, they're much as they were a century and
a half ago - with this difference: the matresses are firm
and the beds have electric blankets. Windows look out on
superb views of the Firth of Clyde and Arran. Indeed, it's
easy to make trips to that island or to places like Dunoon,
Loch Lomond and Glasgow. Carlton has a large garden whose
lawn roll down to the shore. Stroll along the beach there
and you will come to historical Porton Cross, a fascinating
medievial tower. But whatever you do, whether its making
expeditions or just relaxing, you will be full of energy,
as your day will have started well: Carlton, supplies an
excellent breakfast. Your yoghurt, grapefruit and orange
juice will be followed by the full Scottish breakfast,
including porridge and oatcakes as well as toast and
marmalade, jam and honey, with tea or coffee - as much
choice as you could possibly want, and all for a very
reasonable price, in an atmosphere which is friendly and
easy. I know you can be sure that you will always feel
yourself welcome at Carlton.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Jean_Brodie