Seamill Hydro(West Kilbride)(Great Value!)
$100
$84
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

The Waterside Hotel(West Kilbride)
$150
$127
Travelocity
$101
Travelocity
All reviewsnext morninga lovely stayarranclydevenue
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Great location for both the view and the close proximity for any event at the Hydro. The house is wonderful - full of character and Avril is an attentive host. Breakfast was filling and tasty. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel A
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I had to go the Seamill Hydro for a wedding, and stayed at this B&B one night. Decoration of the room was really nice, and full of details. Like being at home. A vintage home, but at home :-) I took continental breakfast, and Avril just try to improve the Scottish experience bu having locl products in the table. She is also a great person, with whom you can have a nice and interesting chat.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank miguel angel a
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed here on a very impromptu stop whilst passing through Scotland doing the jogle. It's such an amazing bed and breakfast, very clean inside with amazing views and a very welcoming and friendly host Avril. After an amazing and comfortable nights sleep we were woken up by an amazing breakfast which was more than enough to help us with our days cycling. The views from the property are just breath taking, making you feel like you can touch the island of Arran. This is a vital bed and breakfast for anyone stopping in the west Kilbride area. By far the best night of our journey cycling from John o'groats to lands end. Thanks Avril for such an amazing comfortable relaxing night.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Quaggy69
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We were attending a wedding in the Seamill Hydro and thought this would be a great place to stay as it was much cheaper. I couldnt have been more wrong!! This was the worst place I have ever been in. I found the house very creepy and uncomfortable. The owner Avril is quite weird and made me feel really uncomfortable.The B&B also has a shared bathroom and this was filthy and didnt lock. Myself and my boyfriend had the double room and my brother and his girlfriend were across the hall in the twin room and they were both very dirty and cluttered with junk. The pillows on the bed looked like they had been soaked in urine and had no pillow cases on them and the room smelled horrible. Before we left the B&B to go to the wedding we tried to lock our room but couldnt work the lock so we informed the owner Avril to which she replied dont worry about it, ill sort it out. I told her that I wanted my room locked so I could take the key with me and she refused and said she needed the door open so she could put pillow cases on the bed. I found this really strange and worrying. She then told us we had to be back by 1am. We returned to the B&B a while later to find that our bedroom door was still open and the pillowcases still werent on the bed. Avril only came up to put them on when we were in the room and this took her 20 minutes and she made me feel very uncomfortable and her own personal hygiene was awful. We then told Avril that we werent staying in the B&B that night and wanted to check out. She was not very amused about this and asked what our reasons were and after I informed her about the bathroom and the rooms she said she assured us that the bathroom did lock and every room was immaculate as the home help had just been in before we arrived. I found this quite funny and just thought Avril was a bit delusional. She also told us that her B&B was a 3 star beautifully decorated Victorian family home which was very amusing to me. I could not wait to leave the Carlton Seamill, I would have rather slept outside than stay here so I would advise for nobody to stay here as you will be very disappointed.

Michelle Bowen

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My daughter and I had a lovely stay with Avril. We're both big fans of vintage styling, and Avril's Victorian home is the real thing! A friendly and attentive host; comfortable beds; a good breakfast, beautiful sea views. If you're expecting all mod cons - you won't find them here, but you will enjoy all the charm of yesteryear. We were only here for a short stay this time, but I'm going to return with my husband to visit some of the islands, and we definitely be staying at Carlton Seamill.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the sea have beautiful views
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family