All reviews attending a wedding victorian house next morning a lovely stay cyril arran clyde furnishings venue
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was attending a wedding at the Hydro Seamill and read the reviews for here and thought what a find!!! When we entered the B&B we were greeted by a nice lady, but the placed smelled really bad. We were shown our room that we had booked for 2 nights, it was the twin room. only to find that one of the bed legs was off the bed and propped up with 2 pillows!! It had an old smell. The carpet must not have been hoovered in years from the amount of hair stuck to my boyfriend's socks. There was tea and coffee available but we declined as the tea bags expired in 2010 and the coffee 2010! I took photos because I knew my friends would think I was taking a hand out of them!!The breakfast was nice, loads to eat, but even though we booked it for 10am but it was not ready until 10:40. We were told to wait outside until she set the table. We also went out on the Friday night. When we asked for the front door key she said the other couple for the wedding had it. I didn't even know them that well. I thought that a key for the front door would be standard! She also had told 2 of the other guests not to be out too late and be back for 1am as she had to cook the breakfast in the morning. She was a pleasant lady but I would rather eat my breakfast without her sitting at the end of the table. I am not the hardest to please when I stay in hotels or B&B's as long as they are clean and a shower. There was hair all over the bathroom which had not been cleaned properly or at all. I would not recommend this to any of my friends. I like sleeping with my window open, but on return from the wedding she had entered our room and closed the windows and shutters, which left the room like a sauna which we found very unpleasant even after we opened them on our return, Why she went into the room I do not know but was not impressed. I also informed her the TV was not working and she did nothing about it. So all in all I must say it has to be the worst place i have ever stayed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank AineMcMenamin
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I so enjoyed my stay here. The room was beautifully decorated,and looked out to the changing light over Arran. Breakfast was a feast the next morning, with many delights. Avril was so kind and welcoming and a wonderful source of stories about the history and people of West Kilbride, so interesting to talk to. I would stay here longer next time!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing Arran
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank solanne
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Stayed here last weekend. Spent the night after attending a wedding in neighbouring Seamill Hydro. Rooms were half the price of that in the Hydro and comments from friends suggested that our rooms were bigger too. The house itself is a beautiful old victorian style building and the view of Arran was truly breathtaking. Owner of the B&B; Avril is very welcoming and accommodating. Breakfast next morning was fabulous!!! Go see for yourself!

Room Tip: Ask for seaview, I cant stress enough how great the view of Arran is.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Russell M
Reviewed January 11, 2012

This house is full of character,Set in beautiful surroundings with absolutely stunning views.Avril was the perfect host very pleasant and extremely helpful.It has a very homely feel to it which made our stay all the more pleasant,and we will definately be back.We have visited numerous B and Bs in the surrounding area and this has got be our favourite.Thank you for a wonderful stay,

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view over Arran
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alex C
Reviewed October 4, 2011

lovely victorian house with homely atmosphere. like going back in time lovely welocme and tales of the house. nice veiws of garden and sea. very enjoyable breakfast dogs made to feel welcome and loadsof room for them

Room Tip: lovely nice room like going back in time with lovely atmosphere
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family