“What a lovely massage”
Review of Seamill Hydro

Seamill Hydro
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Kilbride
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We recently visited the Seamill,Hydro Hotel for spa treatment and lunch. The massages were very good with aroma therapy oils and relaxing music to sooth away the trials and tribulations of the day. We followed our spa treatment with lunch in the newly constructed dining room. This room is very light and airy, the service was very good and the meal very reasonably priced. Both my wife and I chose mules and frites and our only complaint was the sheer size of the portions. One portion between the two of us would have been more than sufficient.

The next time we visit Scotland we will return to the Seamill Hydro for more of the same!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Geoff M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,568)

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I attended a Conference (and exhibition) on 18 and 19 April in the Brisbane Suite at the Seamill Hydro.

The Conference and exhibition area was well laid out and elegantly decorated with a good sound system and up to date IT equipment.

The Conference and Banqueting staff were very attentive and made the delegates feel welcome and relaxed. These guys really couldnt do enough!

The food was truly excellent and the Conference Dinner menu incorporated a good selection of local produce - giving a real taste of Ayrshire!

My room (recently refurbished) was well decorated and comfortable.

There are lovely views of the Isle of Arran from this hotel which is a real bonus.

I will definitely visit Seamill Hydro again. It is, in my opinion, a real jewel on the Ayrshire coast.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank CarlaBar
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me as I simply needed an overnight stay whilst travelling.

Check in was interesting. The woman hardly looked at me and when asked where the other person was I replied it was a booking for one. This lead to a protracted "these website bookings are not to be trusted". Customers really don't care about these things, I'd travelled 350 miles and simply wanted to go to my room.

Now it's worth noting that I have a foot injury at the moment which is clearly obvious. Dispatched to my room on the first floor I then had to contend with some up/down steps and thankfully there was a member of staff about to assist.

The room was clean, well appointed with an excellent view. The bed was sadly very uncomfortable and the pillows!!!! Well, they were like lumps of foam. Come on hotel, you can do better than this.

I didn't eat at the hotel that evening. Check out was equally brusque and I was on my way. With a few little tweaks this could be a very different hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room and sea view. You also need to be aware that if on the 1st floor the are...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for a night at the weekend what a great time my partner and I had. Had a classic room with a sea view (what a view so relaxing and nice to wake up looking out) room was modern, clean and spacious

Staff all very friendly and attentive, we used the spa and which was peaceful and relaxing.

We ate in the orangey which serves amazing food the duo of duck is A+ reasonable prices 2 starters, 2 mains and bottle of wine for under £60, breakfast was also good.

Will definitely return again but for 2 nights next time!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RMM15
HydroManager, Guest Relations Manager at Seamill Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review.

Next time we will ensure you are only able to stay for 2 nights or more and I will say to the head chef to make sure when he changes the menu the duck stays on there.

I do hope we have the pleasure of your returning this year and enjoying more of what we offer.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at the Hydro on a special offer deal. The place is plush and our room was very nice.Mega size bed which was reasonably cumfy.We stayed during poor weather so didn't enjoy the coastal scenery as much as if we'd had good weather.
Unfortunately coastal beauty seems to be the only thing Seamill has(well it does have the remnants of a seamill).There's nothing in the way of nice pubs nearby but the Hydro was very good for meals and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brenord
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Group of us had a fantastic night at the Seamill Hydro ABBA tribute night. Lovely meal with great service. As always, the plate of dessert minis was to die for!
The band were good and the dance floor was packed all night.
Many thanks to the staff at Seamill for another great night.

• Stayed: April 2013
HydroManager, Guest Relations Manager at Seamill Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. Our Abba night was a great success, the feedback from guests including yourself shows everyone had a great night. Our tribute nights prove to be very popular, and both staff and management look forward to these nights. Please keep an eye on the website for future dates.

We look forward to welcoming you back to hopefully another tribute night.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed at Seamill Hydro to be near my parents when my mother was in her last days. Staff were very attentive and sympathetic to our needs. Our suite was lovely, well decorated and furnished, a large flat screen tv and a huge en-suite bathroom. We had an uninterrupted sea view.
The food served in the Aura bar was very good and the service was excellent. Breakfasts were good too - continental buffet and choice of cooked breakfasts.

Room Tip: Our room faced the sea and the view was beautiful but there was a storm and this made the room very...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review, I am pleased to read you were able to enjoy the view hotel offers from your bedroom. Our staff take pride in the service they provide and I am happy this was delivered to you throughout your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Kilbride
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Lauriston Hotel
Lauriston Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ardrossan

Been to Seamill Hydro? Share your experiences!