“Best fillet steak in Lossie!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Stotfield Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lossiemouth
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
“Best fillet steak in Lossie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I went to the Stotfield Hotel for meal a few Saturday nights ago and we will be back without a doubt! We did not book but we will in future as we were lucky to get the last table. We both skipped starters and had the fillet steak mains and they were the best we've had in a long time and by far the best in Lossiemouth. The chips were excellent also. Lovely staff, made sure we were checked on but not too much that they were intrusive which I think I'd very important. The whole dining room was full of happy customers. Price was fab too :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Two nights due to work , with a colleague staff pleasent if a ittle thin on the ground, food ok but not what expected by the look of the rrestaurant, bathroom shabby in both rooms, but clean.dont try to ask for specific breakfast items as this seems to confuse.!!!, as a last resort it wil do, but not great sorry got to be honest.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Having a team of guys working around the Speyside area we have chosen the Stotefield Hotel for the last 4 months due to the fantastic service offered from all staff. From front of house, to bar & restaurant all are helpful & cheery to chat to. Management have been great to deal with in regards of bookings. Usual breakfast choices and a fantastic dinner menu that i can safely say every bit was sampled during our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed in this hotel last Sunday night.

The frontage is very impressive and I had no trouble getting a parking space but I can see it is very limited so perhaps I was lucky. I read on the hotel's website that it had been recently refurbished. I am not sure where, I could see no evidence of it. The public areas are quite nice but the decor is tired and scuffed in places. It all looked a lot more impressive in the photos on the website; I suspect there are from quite a while ago. One of the members of staff did say that the rooms at the back of the hotel were where the refurbishment had taken place; I can’t confirm this of course.

My room was pleasant and clean enough but again the decor was tired and there was a patch of peeling paint in the bathroom. The sink was cracked. No soap was supplied other than some liquid hand wash above the sink. Fortunately I had brought my own shampoo but who bothers to take their own soap these days?

The bed was comfortable and clean but the bedside light and ceiling light were incredibly dim – I struggled to do a spot of reading in bed. The room did have a lovely sea view over the Moray Forth though – see my photos.

On big redeeming feature was the staff who were all lovely and friendly, I chatted to quite a few.
The meal I had (see pictures) in the hotel restaurant was pleasant enough but the baked haggis balls were a little dry and there was not enough green chilli sauce with them. The fish was tasty but a somewhat over cooked round the edges.

The price I paid was only £55 for a medium sized room with a double bed and sea view so perhaps I should not have expected too much.

If I stay in the area again I would go back there as it is good value but I would revise my expectations and make sure I packed a bar of soap.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room if you don't mind not having a sea view. Take your own soap!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our regular Friday night crew had our Christmas Dinner in the Stotfield and the food was exceptional. Everyone of us was hugely impressed with the service, the quality of our meal and the attentive staff. All bar myself chose the traditional turkey with all the trimmings and rave reviews all round followed the equally good and varied starters. I chose the blade of beef served on puy lentils and mash. Whilst this is a cheap cut I have eaten this in some fancy restaurants and this was at least the equal of the best of them, simply stunning, We all forced ourselves to have desserts and again what a pleasant surprise, I had a huge wedge of cheesecake and thought there was no way I could eat it, as normally such a dish is very rich and filling, this offering was as light as could be whilst still delicious and flavoursome. Everyone gave their individual meals top marks.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank varisian
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Although I live in Lossiemouth I had not eaten in The Stotfield for a few years. My parents were visiting and decided they would like to have a meal there. As I am a Coeliac I asked about Gluten Free and was assured this would not be a problem. On looking at menu I decided not to have a starter as many of them would not be suitable for a Coeliac and the rest I did not like but a Coeliac could have a starter, I had a steak and my sauce was GF, the steak was supern as was the whole meal. Unfortunately there was noting on the sweet menu that was GF, but I was offered either a fruit salad or a sorbet. I really enjoyed my meal and my wife and parents also enjoyed their choices. I would recommend to eat here

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights to attend a friend's wedding, though function not held here thankfully! Firstly, the positives, from the outside it looks a very impressive building overlooking the golf course, parking is however very limited. All the staff that we encountered were polite, chatty and very helpful, as we were not familiar with the area. The main reception area is tastefully decorated with leather sofas and chairs. There is not a lift but a beautiful staircase. Our room was on the 1st floor and was spotlessly clean but oh my word needs to be decorated and fast, very tired and dated. The en-suite was a decent size with plastic fixtures and a dirty white colour of bathroom suite. The shower curtain was fit for the bucket and had a really bad sour odour. The shower had next to no pressure and thankfully I had a hairdresser appointment on the day of the wedding as I would never of managed to wash my long hair under that, the temperature also went from stone cold to burning hot! There wasn't a huge choice at breakfast but the food was nicely cooked to order and a buffet on the Saturday morning as more guests were staying. If the rooms were to be renovated I would return if visiting the area again. A special mention to the lady with the very long nails who was particularly helpful.

Room Tip: Wait until the rooms have been updated.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lossiemouth
Premier Inn Elgin Hotel
#3 of 7 in Elgin
Links Lodge B&B
Links Lodge B&B
#1 of 7 in Lossiemouth

Been to Stotfield Hotel? Share your experiences!