Stotfield Hotel
Lossiemouth House(Lossiemouth)
$112
$93
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Elgin Hotel(Elgin)(Great Value!)
$71
$86
$251
Ramnee Hotel(Forres)
$164
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssteakgolf coursevolcanic rocka bit tiredmoray firthgolf clubcouldn't do enoughbed and breakfastwest beachfunctionseavegsaucechipsgolferscoastcourses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed for one night on 25th November. After arriving in the first room and finding it extremely warm we then found that the bedroom windows were screwed shut (someone had obviously broken off the window handles) and the bathroom window didn't open either. I called reception and we were immediately offered another room which had fully operational windows!

The room was in need of some TLC but this is an old building so upgrading rooms will take time and money. Having said that, the bed was extremely comfortable and the sheets were crisp and clean. The bathroom was clean and adequate for our needs. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant and all the public rooms are comfortable and relaxing. Breakfast was good. Although we did not eat here on this occasion, we have in the past and the food here is very good.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed there these last 3 nights, the food was way better (new chef on enquiring), the Cullen Skink was possibly the best I've ever had, the roasted rump of Lamb was top class, so much so I had it twice, the accompanying vegetables were superb, the presentation delightful. See the menu here:-
We got a really good room rate inclusive of an £18 allowance (each) for the evening meal at:-
easy-breaks.com
I must mention I'm a big chap and have a very good appetite but couldn't manage 3 courses.
The rooms are in the process of being upgraded, the radiator, curtains and lights had all been replaced and we were told the carpets would be renewed by early summer 2013.
We asked for and got a quiet room.
The only downside was the lack of real ales!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Forget the sea view rooms, you can look at that all day from the lounge, go for one overlooking the bowling green at the back away from the road.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Thank j.rawcliffe
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have stayed here a couple of times before as it is handy for visiting family in Lossiemouth and the reviews I normally give are ok but this time the room was horrendous, paper on ceiling lucky to stay up, black mould on carpet from dripping radiator, bed soft and squidgy - so uncomfortable, the bathroom was freezing - no heating, paper coming off walls and lino patched together. The loo hardly flushed - did after several attempts and the overall feeling of the room was damp. Had we not just been there for 1 night we would have requested a move. Change of layout for breakfast too no buffet option its plated for you which is fine but it had been under a heat lamp for quite some time so the beans were congealed. On the plus side the christmas trees etc were lovely and the outside looks quite grand - shame about the rooms.

Room Tip: avoid 130 like the plague
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I booked a double room here for relatively cheap at short notice and was happy with the room I got. We had a spa bath and separate ensuite and the room was spacious and bed comfy. I would happily recommend this hotel to people but my only suggestion would be to eat elsewhere as the food is very overpriced and very unappetising. The hotel advertises wi-if but you can only really get it on the first floor.

Room Tip: I stayed in 220 and it was fine
1  Thank Russell E
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My partner and I were meant to stay here for 2 nights but after seeing the hideous rooms we were expected to stay in, we promptly left. Staff leave a lot to be desired, Unhelpful and I would say that one Staff member had come to work straight from the events of the night before and she was still under the influence. Not what one would expect. Definately would look for an alternative.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
2  Thank Johan M