“Not great”
Review of The 1629

The 1629
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Lossiemouth
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Have eaten here twice now and must say that I will not be in a hurry to return. Nothing too awful, but then nothing that impressed me too much either. Food was over-seasoned and over-priced. Ambience was fine. Service was very slow, granted this was around Christmas-time and I was in a big party of people. Staff lovely and friendly, but for me the food was a let-down considering the price.

1  Thank BrillsoThrillso

Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband and I came here for a birthday meal and wow we were not disappointed. I have been a couple of times before but only had the Xmas menu so it was nice to try the everyday one. For my husband this was his first time. It was nice to have a drink first before being taken to our table. The menu choices was great definitely something for everyone. The staff couldn't do enough to make sure you were happy. When we finally decided what we wanted we were not disappointed. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

we visited the 1629 after a last minute decision to go out for dinner. Despite there being 8 of us the staff were only too happy to find us a table and seated us in no time. There was a wide menu at a good price. All of us received our food at the same time and it was delicious. The steaks were all cooked exactly the way we had asked and those who had fish said the same. Nothing was too much trouble to ask for and the service was great. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Family Xmas dinner. Great menu choices, attentive staff and great atmosphere. Food was excellent, best Xmas dinner for a long time.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went with family and friends the meals we had were superb 4 fillet steaks and 2 pork steaks they were cooked to perfection could not fault them thank you 1629 for another fabulous meal just set us up to take in the New Year many thanks