“Best in the Area”
Review of The 1629

The 1629
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Lossiemouth
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Another fantastic meal at the 1629 best food in the area time and time again !!!

Keep up the good work Guidi best chef in scotland !!

Reviewed January 12, 2012

The finest restuarant in Moray. The menu is huge and caters for all taste buds.The night we were in it was very busy and for the chef to turn out a meal of this quality is special. Compliments to the owner, chef and staff, I will be back!!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

First time we've taken the family here but hopefully it won't be the last. The starters and main course were first class, the only let down were the desserts. The first two courses were lovely and freshly cooked, my husband said his chicken fillets and steak was perfect and my pate and lasagne were beautiful. Our teenage children also enjoyed theirs, as did our 2 year old Granddaughter. As I said we were a little disappointed with the desserts as they were the usual ice creams served in hundreds of restaurants up and down the country, we've even spotted them in Spain! That said this definitely wouldn't stop us going again as the food and service were excellent!

1  Thank SusanC71
Reviewed December 24, 2011

The key to success in my book is consistency and the 1629 succeeds in providing highest standards constantly.
I live locally and visit as often as I can. Recently I had to cancel a booking which caused me much disappointment, but I'll be back soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Have had a few meals and great nights in the 1629 . Guidi and his team offer great service and food to back it up.
Go for the surf and turf very tasty .
Last time we were there they could not do enough for us .
Well worth a visit