“Excellent”

The Original Rosslyn Inn Gastropub
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Roslin
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: About The Original Rosslyn Inn The Original Rosslyn Inn is an idyllic village inn, set in the romantic village of Roslin, just 8 miles from Edinburgh’s City Centre. This privately owned family-run hotel maintains the character and charm of an old inn while continuing to lead the way in customer service, charm and elegance. Only 12 miles from Edinburgh’s International Airport, this is a perfect base whether you are a tourist, or here on business. Perhaps you are a grail hunter, here to study our famous Rosslyn Chapel set in the beautiful Roslin Glen Country Park and thrust into the global public eye by Dan Brown’s worldwide bestseller The Da Vinci Code. Those here on business will find we are also very close to The Roslin Bio Centre, Edinburgh University’s Royal Dick Veterinary College, The Bush Estate, Bilston Industrial Estate and Straiton Retail Park. Whether it’s business or pleasure – to chase down tourist hot spots or to have a romantic relaxing get-away in our country park The O
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I often visit the Original as I have friends who live in the village.
I felt I had to leave a review on this occasion as we had such a lovely night.
The staff are so friendly but not "in your face".
The menu is full of good pub grub but their specials board always has something different to tempt the taste buds.
I chose the fillet steak served with langoustines. The description did this meal a disservice.
The plate came with a fabulous, thick, juicy, perfectly cooked fillet, 5 langoustines on a kebab stick, gently cooked with lovely flavour. With garlic butter melting over the steak.
Roast and mashed potatoes and a mix of seasonal veg.
An amazing meal.
The others in my group has roast beef or gammon steak. All meals were served in good time and the food was excellent.
I love the homely feel of this pub and always have a lovely meal. Last night my choice was just exceptional. The best steak I have ever eaten (not cooked by my partner!).

1  Thank sarat214

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had a great evening meal everything cooked well.
There is a good choice on the menue and all prices are very fare

Reviewed December 21, 2012

The attention given by the manager was fantastic. The bar meal was quick and very good value. Great pub atmosphere.

1  Thank eastcoldale
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a really gorgeous cosy wee pub/restaurant. It is slightly off the beaten track, but if you are heading out to see Roslin Chapel it is a perfect place to drop into.

The conservatory is lovely for more formal meals, but we also love sitting in the very comfortable, very cosy bar area to eat. The food is very good, reasonably priced and the service excellent. It is the kind of place I could happily sit all afternoon.

Highly recommend it.

1  Thank NYCfanEdinburgh
Reviewed November 20, 2012

warm welcome, honest food, no frills.....they can hold their heads up high......good pub food at honest prices.......x

1  Thank Louise C