“Excellent beer and food”

The Railway Station Hotel
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Railway Station Hotel. We serve a great range of fresh home cooked dishes to suit all tastes and budgets. Should you be hungry, you are sure to find something to satisfy your appetite from our selection of tasty appetisers and delicious main courses, all prepared from fresh local produce where possible. Accompanied with a glass of chilled white wine or a full bodied red, it's a great place to finish off a countryside walk or spend a relaxing afternoon with friends and family. Our New Menu includes traditional favourites such as, Steak and Ale Pie and Beer Battered Cod & Chips or you can enjoy our Restaurant Menu which focuses on locally caught Seafood and a variety of Seasonal Manx ingredients, then finish off with our Dessert Menu, specialising in our Homemade ice creams and fresh fruit sorbets. On Sundays we run a selection of Specials which includes a Carvery Style Roast Dinner, which is served between 12 noon and 8pm
Reviewed January 4, 2018

An extensive range of beers from a number of breweries, well presented.
The menu is equally extensive. A local advised me that the ribs were good (also warned me about the size of the portion). I accepted his recommendation and they arrived quickly.
He was right on both counts. I wish I lived closer so that I could visit more often.

Reviewed May 16, 2017

Excellent service and pleasant surroundings. A varied menu which offered really good food and excellent value for money.

Reviewed January 12, 2017

Previously visited and pleased same good standard of service continues, with friendly staff and good food available.

Reviewed October 27, 2016

We've dined here quite a few times but our last visit was disappointing. The staff and service were excellent but the menu has shortened and become much more ordinary. Now, with a very few exceptions, iit is indistinguishable from other pubs in the area. The Scotch Egg starter was excellent but my French Onion Soup and the sauces on both our main dishes, were seriously over-reduced to the point of unpleasant stickiness. The soup had a stickiness and an almost sweet and sour flavour to it - not at all like any other French Onion soup I've ever had. I really hope that this is not a sign that the Railway Station is sliding in to mediocrity as that would be a tragedy when it has been so good in the recent past.

Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

This is a lovely pub with fabulous food. We were welcomed by a friendly barmaid and a real coal fire. The steak and ale pie was the best we have ever had. Will be coming here again.