“Warm and welcoming”
Review of Eden Lodge Hotel - CLOSED

Eden Lodge Hotel
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Took my two grand daughters out for a meal during my stay in Whiting Bay on 3rd June this year. Since my last visit which was a few years ago this establishment has undergone a change of ownership and a new look to the dining area. We were met and shown to our table having booked beforehand. Our hostess was very congenial and made all of us feel very welcome. She made the kids feel special and they enjoyed themselves. The food was gorgeous, fish in a beautiful batter, it was magic. My grandkids had a cheese pasta, and another had a Sizzling Fajita. generous portions and the Fajita is next on my list, so many different dips. For starters we shared a big bowl of Nacho's, oh so filling and tasty with a nice guacamole sauce. A couple of glasses of very nice red wine and everyone had a good night. I would heartily recommend this hotel for its hospitality, surroundings and quality of food. I still have ten days left of my holiday and will be returning to this hotel this very weekend.

1  Thank Tim186575
There are newer reviews for Eden Lodge Hotel

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I was in whiting bay for a night, asked a few locals where to eat and this place came highly recommended. Doesn't look much from the outside but great quality fresh food and reasonable prices. The relaxed atmosphere is great, very welcoming. Gorgeous views and fantastic vibrant service. Highly recommended!

2  Thank sweetilemon
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Been here on quite a few occasions for a evening bite out with the family, or a spot of lunch.
Restaurant seating is adjacent to the bar and we've never found that a problem. Choice of sofa seating or regular tables. The new owners look like they are starting to give the place a bit of a refurb which it was starting to badly need.

Main menu includes staple such as scampi, fish and chips, burger. They also have a few different specials on each day. At lunchtime you can order from the main menu or the lunch menu which includes sandwiches, toasties, chillli bowl, soup, burger etc.

Good place to bring kids as there is plenty of space, a decent choice on the kids menu and a pool table to keep them occupied.

There is some seating outside and so also a good place to stop for a beer on a sunny day.

1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The setting the staff and the relaxed and laid back atmosphere make it a very welcoming place. I would recomend a visit on a Saturday afternoon when all ages and kinds of people descend on the bar at the heart of the community.

1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed December 3, 2012

After a long day hiking in the nearby woodland, I was feeling exhausted and absolutely famished so it was with great anticipation that I arrived here just in time for dinner. I was rather disappointed at having to wait more than 30 minutes for our meal to arrive (to be fair, the place was extremely busy and the lone waitress was rushed off her feet), but it was worth the wait. I'm a big fan of both mushrooms and salads, and the side salad that came with my mushroom burger was particularly delicious! The portion size was good and I left with a very full and happy stomach.

The restaurant itself is attached to a small bar, and unfortunately at that time there were a few noisy drunk people (at 6pm??? I ask you...), but apart from that the atmosphere was very relaxed and welcoming. The waitress was very friendly despite being obviously overworked, and did her best to make sure we had an enjoyable visit. I don't feel it would be such a family-friendly place due to the possibly belligerent or unpleasant nature of the drinkers (my partner told me that there was a man vomiting in one of the bathroom stalls - ick!!), but if in Whiting Bay again with other adults I would probably pay another visit.