“The perfect place for a large group / party”
Review of Eden Lodge Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whiting Bay
Eden Lodge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Whiting Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I visited Eden as part of a 7 strong stag party and found the venue, staff and location to be extremely fit for purpose! I am sure it’s fairly difficult when dealing with large parties although every single member of staff was incredibly engaging, friendly and helpful. The accommodation whilst basic was very clean, tidy and excellent for a long weekend. The Eden bar was a great venue and we managed to enjoy a few cocktails and lots and lots of beer over the weekend. The food was exceptional, fresh, and very very tasty and I would highly recommend it for a stop off for lunch or dinner even if you aren’t staying there.

In summary the Eden is a very friendly, and comfortable place to stay with exceptional food and a massive alcohol selection within the very busy and atmospheric bar!

Thanks to all who looked after us on or weekend in July!

• Stayed: July 2010

Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed one night in a nice en-suite double room with view both over the sea and the bowls field next to the hotel. Not the most comfy bed, but otherwise a nice hotel room with everything we needed, including good wi-fi connection. The rooms are decorated in different colours, we stayed in the purple room, which means purple carpet, purple walls, purple curtains etc, but the room was nicely decorated and the colour wasn't overpowering. The busy pub down stairs was a very nice hang-out place that served great food and drinks.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Was touring the Isles by motorbike staying on a different island each night, I was made so welcome from the minute I arrived to the minute I left.
Had my meal in the hotel at night which was excellent as was the full Scottish breakfast. A great atmosphere in the bar at night and again very welcoming.
The hotel is very easy to find and has excellent views.
My only dissapointment was I couldn't stay longer but I will be back.
An absolute gem.

Reviewed June 8, 2010

I stayed at Eden lodge for my brothers stag party. There was 12 in the group altogether so we hired out the whole place. All the bedrooms were basic but clean and the bathrooms were the same.

The staff were excellent, the food was fantastic and the pub on the Friday and Saturday night gets quite lively which was great for us. This lodge has connections with the Arran adventure company so if your planning an adventure weekend/week away I can't think of a better place to stay and I have been to Arran many times. Whiting bay golf club is just around the corner and the lamslash and brodick course are just 10 mins up the road so ideal for a boys golf weekend away too.

I will be recommending it to friends and coming back here

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I had been to the Eden Lodge for lunch a couple of years ago and had a great pub lunch. I returned with a group of friends to stay the night and was very disappointed. The lodge is generally very run down. First impressions from the outside were poor - windows in need of repair, the car park in need of repair, plants dead. Inside was not much better. We were only able to get a room without a bathroom which I was not keen on but presumed it would be clean and that was all that mattered. We used a communal bathroom, which looked like it had not been cleaned in months. It was dusty, dirty and unpleasant to use. I cannot stand dirty bathrooms. The floor was not clean. I believe that the proprietor of the establishment was not working, but other staff were quite unfriendly.

This was a May bank holiday and I think Scottish tourism attractions should be able to create a good impression. This guest lodge is run down, tired, and neglected. The feeling of the bar was quite good but the food had deteriorated since the last time I had dined there. With some work this place could be nice but I would not go back and would not recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank reviewmaster
Reviewed August 20, 2008

3 star inn on the seafront, 100 year old building renovated & spotless. 7 bedrooms to suit all from couples to backpackers, groups to families. The food was truly fantastic lots of local produce which we sampled along with the local beer & whisky. If we ever return to Arran, we will stay here again & again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank McTickle
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Arran : Eden Lodge Hotel
Date : 5th August
Reviewer : Anne, Dunfermline

This was a last minute booking,and we had trouble getting any sort of accomodation in Arran.We were also on a tight budget, so as long as the hotel was clean, we weren't hoping for much more.
I have to admit that initially, my heart sank, as the Hotel has a slightly dingy appearance, and the decor is a bit gloomy. However, I quickly cheered up when I realised that the roooms were spotlessly clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful, but unobtrusive. The accomodation was ideal for a family, with two rooms, one en suite( with a great jacuzzi bath), and a room with bunk beds next door for the kids.
We ate in the hotel both evenings, and the food was excellent. Breakfast was also fab.
The Hotel Bar was busy in the evenings, and I did worry that we might be kept awake, but this did not turn out to be a problem.
On the whole, I feel that we had excellent value for money, and we enjoyed our stay at Eden Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AnneDunfermline
#3 of 6 in Whiting Bay
Viewbank Guest House
Viewbank Guest House
#2 of 6 in Whiting Bay

Been to Eden Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!