Lochranza Caravan & Camp Site
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lochranza
See available hotels
View Hotel
The Kingarth Hotel(Kilchattan Bay)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Anchor Hotel(Tarbert)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgolden eaglered deercooking areagolf coursetoilet blockhot waterlaundry roomfridge and microwavegreat facilitiescharging pointstv receptionpush buttonelectric hook upscan't wait to come backextra spacenon existenttake away
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stay here several times a year and think it is one of the best sites in Scotland the owners are great very helpful. The showers are hot and the cubicles are average i have a trailer caravan and let me till you it's better than showering there which is really small. I have took my young son in with me and it was okay. The scenery is beautiful waking up in this location will destress
anyone. I would recommend this site to anyone and a plus is the hairdryer is free which you have to pay for in some sites.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 594ben
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I like Arran a lot, and this site has all that I like about it. It has a restaurant at the entrance along with a shop so you won't be short of food or other necessities. Views are spectacular and the distillery 50 yards along the road.

Showers are teeny. I'm not looking for luxury on a camp site but I need some room to get clean & dressed. Would I go again? Yes; the showers aren't a deal-breaker. Also, nice to have washer & drier after a long, active day.

• Stayed: August 2011
kath097, Manager at Lochranza Caravan & Camp Site, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Thank you for the mainly positive review you have given Lochranza Campsite. It is always helpful to get feedback from visitors. The headline you have given your review is "better showers needed" when actually it was the size of the cubicle that you found a problem. In response I would like to stress the benefits of our showers. These include the following: they're hot with a good flow; they're kept very clean; Nigel can fix anything so they're always in good working order; you don't pay extra for them or the hairdryers; eight showers for a 60 pitch site is a good ratio so you're unlikely to queue; and we ensure the hot water never runs out. Before I became Manager of Lochranza Campsite I came as a visitor. In a long sea kayaking tour of Scotland Lochranza Campsite's showers were the best. The others were never quite hot enough- however new they were. I've just had a shower now and it was divinely hot on a cold day. The cubicle is 75cm wide and 150 cm long with a curtain dividing the shower basin and changing area. There are hooks for clothes in the cubicle and hooks and chairs outside in the washbasins area. We also have a toilet and shower for the disabled which is spacious.

Reviewed June 12, 2010

Absolutely stunning location. Enjoyed every minute (even though we did have heavy rain for 36 hours non-stop). Showers are basic, and you have to be a bit double jointed to get dressed without getting soaked again, but plentiful hot water and they are clean. Small lounge is genius, I imagine campers are extremely grateful for this when it's cold & wet.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We camped at this site for one night in April as the weather was too inclement for wild camping. The site has a good location. Surrounded by good views and close the distillery and a pub serving food. The site has small shop with a good range of tinned food, toiletries etc. The toilets and wash room is clean. The owners were friendly and very helpful. The camping area is a reasonable size with several water taps and there is an area for caravans.

I would definitely recommend this site.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We camped for 2 nights in the most awful weather for August. The campsite was waterlogged in parts, but this could also be true for most of the sites in Scotland during this spell of terrible wind and rain.
Plus points for this site are the hook up points for tents as well as the hard standing areas for caravans which meant that there was plenty of space for those with tents requiring hook up. So many sites could do with adding hook up for tents.
Minus points are the showers, I know Iain explained that he is trying to create a balance by not having it too luxurious in the showers (and outpricing many campers) and still having a decent shower, however the showers are very basic and little room within the cubicle.
It would really help this site by improving the showers and it would mean that we would stay for longer, instead of using this as a pitstop in our holiday.
Nice to see the deer are still wandering around, it gives the place a lovely feel.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple