Lilybank Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Waterside Hotel(West Kilbride)
Seamill Hydro(West Kilbride)
Lauriston Hotel(Ardrossan)
View Hotel
The Kingarth Hotel(Kilchattan Bay)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsholy islandresidents loungeb bexcellent hostsguest fridgefab viewsstayed here for nightslovely coupleevery morningperfect locationexploring the islandporridgelovely villagearran cheeseon arrivalcolinbay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Llybank guest house was a lovely place to stay on our 1st visit to Arran. The view over the bay towards Holy Isle from our bedroom window was wonderful and we even managed to watch a otter in the bay!. Colin and June were good and friendly hosts and nothing was too much trouble for them. The scottish breakfast was delicious. .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Spotlessly clean room, tasty breakfast, friendly service (though clearly biased towards golfers!) slightly weedy shower and very thin walls. The guest fridge is a good idea and the tea in the rooms was delicious - Yorkshire tea - excellent choice.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Lilybank Guest House in Lamlash is a lovely place to stay while on the Isle of Arran. Right across from Lamlash Bay, our room had a great view out to the bay and the Holy Island. So enjoyable to sit at the window, sipping Lochranza Single Malt, and nibbling Arran Cheese. Colin and June are efficient and gracious hosts who serve a grand breakfast. We wanted to stay four nights, but they only had three available, so they helped us get good accommodation next door for our last night. With all of Isle of Arran so easy to get to, Lilybank makes an excellent choice for any visit to the island.

Room Tip: Opt for the rooms with a view even if the tariff is a little higher.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob J
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Lilybank is in a lovely position in Lamlash. They supply very thoughtful guest facilities such as a guest living room and a fridge for everyone to share. However, I have to say I thought my room was looking a little tired, although originally very prettily decorated. I found Colin most helpful and welcoming, however I too found the breakfast service well, a little terse. I do a great deal of solo travel, but I have to say both breakfast experiences didn't rank highly in terms of being made to feel welcome, when it appeared a great deal more effort was being made with other guests who were in pairs. This didn't rest well with me considering I'd been charged extra for single occupancy. I rarely feel uncomfortable in my single state, but unfortunately this time I felt distinctly 'spare.'

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Backandbeyond
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Spotlessly clean rooms with spectacular views of the Holy Island and comfy chairs. Very reasonable rates include a huge delicious breakfast with lot of choices. We enjoyed eggs and salmon and kippers. Guests facilities include a communal fridge to chill out your packed lunches or beers from the local brewery. Colin and June are excellent hosts and we will stay at Lilybank again next time we visit Arran.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends