“Best Kept Secret on Arran”
Review of Lamlash Bay Hotel

Lamlash Bay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Lamlash B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel four times in the last year (five days each time). I occasionally have to work in Arran and this is where I am put up. Each time I have had a fantastic room, which was large and well appointed. Each was different in it's own way and decorated to a high standard. My favourite is number 6, ot only is there a 4 poster bed but a large lounge area and a 32 inch TV, not to mention the stunning views over the Bay and the Holy Isle. The general views to the front of the hotel are simply stunning. It really gets me every time I come back over and drive into Lamlash from the Ferry. Lamlash is such a beautiful little village with stunning scenery.
The hotel is very much a family run type of hotel and Ian and Liz (the owners) do their very best to ensure everything is just right. Brian, the manager, is at the centre of everything that goes on in the hotel. He seems to work morning, noon and night and is so friendly and helpful. He really goes all out to provide the best service possible. All the waitresses are also very good and have a big smile to greet you every time you go into the restaurant. This brings me onto the food. There is a new chef in town and to use a term that the hotels American waitress would use, he is simply "awsome". Young Liam delivers absolutely delicious dishes. the mains on the menu are all great, even the burger was the best I have tasted in years. But don't think that there are no sophistocated options available. He regularly introduces specials which are to die for. On my last visit I had seafood (prawn, calamari and swordfish) risotto and a chicken with cajun cream sause crepe. Both were exceptional and more akin to food you would get in a top restaurant in the city, with the added benefit of a great view from the window. I would also highly recommend the surf and turf, I had the fillet with king prawn and peppercorn sause. Trust me, you wont be disappointed.
Overall, if you are looking for a small hotel with great service, hospitality and excellent food, not to mention the view again, then this is the place for you to go when visiting this wonderful Island, then the Lamlash Bay is tho one to visit. Personally I can't wait to return, even my wife and kids have visited and they love it too.

Room Tip: Room 6 for a couple and 4 for a family
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DannyBhoy_13
LamlashBay, Owner at Lamlash Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you again for taking the time to give us another
fabulous review. It's always great to see you and we
look forward to your next visit.
Liz and Ian

There are newer reviews for Lamlash Bay Hotel

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Took our two little dogs with us to Arran for a three night stay at the Lamlash Bay Hotel. We could not of asked for more... The hotel was very clean, yet warm and welcoming. The staff friendly and helpful. The food superb and good value. But for us its location not only on Arran but also in Lamlash was the icing on the cake..... easy access to the holy island and around Arran and the village green in front of the hotel was perfect for our dogs and for relaxing while sitting on one of the many benches looking out to sea and the holy island ..... its really is a perfect place to stay....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review for us, hopefully we shall see you and the dogs again here soon.
Kind regards
Liz and Ian.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Myself and a large group over on the Island for a golfing trip stayed for the weekend at the Lamlash Bay and the hotel and staff could not have been any better or more welcoming.

The rooms are clean and very comfortable and recently decorated. The staff are absolutely superb (putting up with a large group of grown men who should know better is a testament to that!!) and seem to be there from first thing in the morning until last thing at night!

The food is lovely and very reasonably priced and the bar downstairs is welcoming and a nice place to unwind after a day on the golf course.

The views out onto the Holy Isle need to be seen to be believed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Lamlash Bay Hotel for a half term break. The hotel was everything we wanted and exceeded our expectations: large nicely decorated room, a good shower waiting after the walk up Goat Fell, great food with an interesting menu and local beer and Arran Gold in the bar.

Lamlash and Arran in general are lovely and were worth the near 300 mile drive. We can see ourselves going back again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The staff at the hotel were extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. one of our group has a gluten & wheat allergy and the chef went out of his way to adapt anything that she selected from the menu; proving that the food is all freshly prepared and cooked. The food was delicious and we ate in the restaurant each evening during our stay.

Some of our group were allocated the flat at the side of the hotel; this was spacious and comfortable although the decor could do with being refreshed. It was lovely to have the bonus of the sitting room/ kitchen area.

The other room was a single room but was more than adequate, with a double bed and space to move around; it would have benefited from having a chair. Again the decor in the room could do with being refreshed. It was relatively clean but the stains on the carpet were slightly off putting.

The setting of the hotel is glorious and I am sure that the rooms at the front of the hotel must have a superb view over the bay.

W e spent a lovely weekend touring round the Isle of Arran and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Our stay at the Lamlash Bay Hotel was a relaxing part of the experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My fiance booked a weekend away for my 31st birthday. Apart from feeling crippled by pulling a ligamnet/muscle at the base of my back, the weekend couldnt of been nicer, which was complimented by the helpful, attentive and friendly nature of the staff and the comfort of the hotel. Decor of the hotel throughout was tasteful. The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean standards. The food was superb. The menu was varied and for a nice change there was alternative selections for vegetariens on the menu (often a rarity in reteraurants even in this day and age) Would happily stay again and recommend to all as a comfortable and freindly base from which to explore the island.

Room Tip: We had room number 2. very spacious, comfortable, no scenic views out of windows from this room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennifer b
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and would recommend it to all my family and friends, my daughter gave it to me for a birthday treat and apart from the dreadful weather I could not find anything negative about it, oh wait a minute there was one thing no tv in the bedroom, well there was a tv but was unable to get a reception we had everyone up trying which was really good of them but to no avail. This was made more disappointing as the weather meant we spent a lot of time indoors and although there was a guy in the bar with his wife and delightful little dog (jinky) who allowed us to watch the cup final on his laptop. The room(1) was wonderful with spectacular views of the holy isle, it was so spacious I would definitely ask for this room again but only if the tv was working, the staff were very attentive and Brian was on hand to see to our every whim,my daughter had called him and asked that if we ate in the restaurant not to charge us and she would settle the bill so after we had ate a fantastic meal consisting of t- bone steak with all the trimmings (compliments to the chef ) the best we have ever tasted and when we tried to pay he explained that it was taken care of, I insisted that I was paying and suggested that he did not answer the phone when my daughter called to make payment, he did make me laugh as he said he would be in deep trouble although he said that it was nothing new as he was always getting into trouble by females. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic also and again Brian was again very attentive did not catch the name of the lady who was also there and equally attentive. I rated this establishment a 4 however if the tv had been working I would have raised the score it has not put me off and I will definitely be back, thanks also must go to all the rest of the staff and the wonderful locals who made this stay a very pleasant one.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank twowoman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamlash
Auchrannie Resort
#3 of 6 in Whiting Bay
Corrie Hotel
Corrie Hotel
#1 of 2 in Corrie

Been to Lamlash Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!