“Disappointed”
Review of Lamlash Bay Hotel

Lamlash Bay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Lamlash B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Lamlash Bay is not really a Hotel, more a pub with rooms above, having no reception area or residents lounge, just a public bar. The staff were friendly enough and food fairly good, if a tad overpriced. Eat early to benefit from the 'early bird' prices on the mains. The general area leading to and around the rooms could do with a general freshen up. Our room was sold as 'superior', but this was a wee bit exaggerated. The room itself would also benefit from a freshen up. The bed mattress was very uncomfortable. The bathroom was quite narrow and has a very small wash hand basin. The shower door was off the rail. Fittings such as door locks and handles were loose or badly fitted. Toiletries were supplied on the first day only and tea and coffee supplies were a bit meagre considering the price we paid. Overall, a good visit but I feel just a wee bit more attention to detail would resolve any niggling issues. On one night there was a lot of noise from the bar but there had been a gala day in the village that day so maybe it was a continuation of that. The Lamlash Bay does have stunning views and Arran is a beautiful place. We will return but will try another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BobbyJoGlasgow
LamlashBay, Owner at Lamlash Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear Guest

Please let me apologise for your disappointed stay with us. I take on board the attention to detail with the handles etc which I shall get sorted within the next couple of days. We are at the moment working our way around the hotel redecorating and as yet you are correct the hallway hasn't been done. I shall now move it to the top of the list. We did have a small reception in the hallway at the entrance to the bar, but unfortunately due to knew legislation it has to be turned into a disabled toilet, the reception is now always going to be a problem. Hopefully greeting our guests as quickly as possible and as courtiously as possible will go some way to compensate. The weekend of your stay was the Lamlash Heather Queen Gala Day which is the busiest day of the year for our bar as it is directly across from us, I can only apologise again. I do hope that this does not put you off staying with us again, and if you do decide to come back in the future please give me a call.

Kind regards
Lisbeth Kirsop

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Lamlash Bay Hotel. It was priced very reasonably and had great views from our four poster en suite bedroom. The room was spacious and decorated nicely with the only criticism being no towel holder. Having said that, the service, food and very welcoming atmosphere more than made up for it. In addition, the owners were very generous to me and my new fiance.
I would thorough recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
LamlashBay, Owner at Lamlash Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Hi Guys
Thank you for the lovely review, it makes all the hard work worth while.
Hopefully see you both again soon.
Congratulations again from all of us here at the hotel.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed 25th June.Our room had no bottled water,no glasses,no curtain on one window.The good side was delicious breakfast and owner was pleasant.Would not stay again

Room Tip: Ak for one at front of hotel our room was at rear and all we saw was roofs of houses
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Came to stay for two days, staff were very friendly and accommodating and food was lovely. Had the four poster room (en suite) and what a lovely room it is! very spacious and comfortable with lovely views out to the Holy Isle.
The En Suite is lovely decorated and has a great shower, the only criticism i have is, it could benefit from a toilet roll holder! and hooks to hang up your towels.
All in all, a very good hotel and we enjoyed our stay and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Lovely hotel in prime sea view location. Very helpful friendly staff and the food was terrific. Would stay there again. Ps I left my mobile on charge and it was returned perfectly boxed a few days later which was much appreciated.

Room Tip: Room 3 had a macerator in toilet which could be annoying but all rooms have sea views which are grea...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I booked a weekend away to Arran in September 2011 (sorry this is me just getting round to reviewing it!), as I planned to propose to my girlfriend (now fiancee). After weeks of planning, and e-mailing the hotel owner Lisbeth back and forward, we arrived and were shown to our room.... the 4 poster bed, view of the water... absolutely beautiful. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Couldn't fault them at all. Whilst we were sitting in the restaurant, they went the extra mile and placed roses and champagne in the room - I then proposed, and when she accepted, the staff and other guests all cheered! Was such a great atmosphere, couldn't think of a better place or bunch of people to have around me! Will definately be going back this September for a couple of days... Might even make it an annual thing! =]

Room Tip: Room 6 has a 4 poster bed and beautiful views. Definately worth spending a little extra for ;)
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
LamlashBay, Owner at Lamlash Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Hi Guys, thanks for the great review. It was great to be part of your special occasion, it would be lovely to see you both again in September and make sure you give me a call first and I shall organise a discount for you. See you soon, Lisbeth.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

we came here for dinner on our last nite we stayed at the campsite. the food was lovely but bit expensive but the staff are nice we will come back again

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamlash
Auchrannie Resort
#3 of 6 in Whiting Bay
Corrie Hotel
Corrie Hotel
#1 of 2 in Corrie

Been to Lamlash Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!