“good hotel”

Ranked #1 of 7 Lamlash B&B and Inns
london
“good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Myself and girlfriend camehere for 2 days and we enjoyed very much the stay I recomend this hotel my only criticisim is that the room we stayed the hot water was playing around and we had eletric shocks from the shower and if david (forgive me if I said the wrong name) can do a small effort andcall the guest by name that will be fantastic

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
ayr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

Brilliant hotel lovely staff great food and a lovely view.

Room Tip: get a room facing the Holy Isle
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Darwen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

What a fantastic hotel this is! We stayed here for 2 nights,myself & my husband, my sister,her husband & daughter, my other sister her husband, son & baby daughter. In total there was 12 of us who had come to the Isle of Arran,9 of us staying at this hotel and 3 of which stayed with family who live on the Isle.
Each room had a sea view across to the Holy Isle,which was spectacular! The food, was absolutely delicious.The service was impeccable and the staff were really helpful & friendly. None of us can fault it what so ever! We are all in agreement,even those that didn't stay here, that we would most definitely stay at this hotel again!
Thank you ever so much for making our stay memorable,look forward to stay here again in the near future!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

This is a great hotel, lovely rooms and helpful staff. The view across to Holy Isle is amazing. ONly very very slight criticism is the menu could be a bit more adventurous, but overall a great hotel, one of the best on the island, and we come here a lot! They also looked after our folks and they were also impressed!

Room Tip: the ones with sea view!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Troon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Just back from a 2 night stay in the hotel, the quality was superb. Rooms, staff, food and service were all top notch. Would definetly recommend this for a stay in Arran.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank linda2870
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

Let's start from the top.
Room is ok, we stayed in room 3, there are curtains but not lined ones and DIRECTLY outside the window there is a bright orange halogen bulb pointing at the window. These shut off at 12am, don't hope for an early night.
The first night we decided to dine in...BIG MISTAKE. we ordered a starter platter for 2...there were 13 people in the restaurant and after waiting for over 25mins and watched people getting starters AND mains and also the waitress apologising for our wait, we left.
We went to the Glenisle hotel just along the road and had a stunning meal. Couldn't have asked for more...

My boyfriend spoke to the owner when we got back and said that it was not acceptable, he had already been informed of the incident. So offered us our next nights meal on the house. Great, or so we thought.

We went to dinner and both ordered bruschetta to start. This consisted of charred crostini, a ramekin with RAW garlic slices, bruised basil(stem attached) and about 1.5cm or watery liquid at the bottom. Vile. And knowing what had happened the previous evening the chef decided to stand and STARE directly at me, and I don't mean popping his head round the door, I mean standing in the front of house area and looking directly at me to the point where I wouldn't eat as I felt so uncomfortable. After catching my eye several times he sent a waitress over (who was lovely) and she asked what was wrong. I explained that I didn't appreciate being watched. I asked to speak to the owner and explained what had happened, he said "no, thats not his style" (WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!?) and basically called me a liar and asked what i would like him to do under the circumstances!! I dont think this complaint was really asking for much! After we barely ate our starters our mains came out in less than 2mins. I've never been so angry. We both ordered burgers, but the bun on my boyfriends burger was black, absolutely rock solid. Mine was slightly over done but not to the same degree. I just couldn't take it. The fact that the chef knew that we had issues the previous night meant that he should of paid extra attention to the food going out. Clearly not. I should point out that this is made worse by the fact that I'm a chef...

So I left and allowed my boyfriend to handle it as I was so angry that I wanted to go into the kitchen and speak to the chef, if you could call him that.
I am now in our room, still hungry and pretty damn angry. pay extra and don't stay here, we got the room on Laterooms and I wish we hadn't.

Average at best, don't dine in.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Modarella88
LamlashBay, Owner at Lamlash Bay Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.

Let me try to work through the points that you have made about our hotel.

Room 3 the curtains aren't lined you are correct, they are heavy curtains and we have never had any complaints about the light coming through, I shall look into getting them lined.

I apologise about your wait for food, our food is all cooked from fresh every time and unfortunately some times it does take longer than others depending on what is ordered, you had the taster plate which involves a few different starters and does take a little longer, but again let me apologise.

As I understand it your husband spoke to Ian and things were sorted out and as an offer of good will we offered a discount on your next meal.

Again I apologise if the bruschetta wasn't to your taste, it is one of our most popular dishes and we have never had any complaints, but I take your comments on board.

Our chef does come out front usually to speak to guests as they usually enjoy getting to speak to him. I am sure that it was not his intention to make you feel uncomfortable.

We do our best at all time to make sure that our guests have as good a time as possible with us, and if there are any problems again we do our best to get them sorted out as quickly as possible, but if we have faltered on this occasion I can only assure you that this is not usual practice.
Stevenston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

We booked the Lamlash Bay Hotel for our anniversary and my wifes birthday over the weekend from friday to monday. The hotel has an ace location, with panoramic views across to the Holy Isle and the bay. We arrived in Room 3, second floor overlooking the sea, the room was spacious, very clean and tastefully decorated with lovely big towels and Arran Aromatic toiletries, a full compliment of tea and coffee, shortbread etc. A cool digital tv/dvd combi was a good bonus! We had dinner in the restaurant on the friday, our anniversary, I booked as advised it could get busy. We noticed they do an early bird special, which at 6.95 for a main course is exceptional for a hotel! but we booked a little later on. The food was faultless, I enjoyed mediteranean grilled chicken with he most amazin hand cut chips! And seriously, the authentic stonebaked Pizza's are booooootiful!!! A must try! My wife had chicken and onion &loved it, she picked her own topping which was no hassle to katie, a really nice girl who waited our table. The menu is varied and good value, the restaurant is lovely and has a nice ambience. We came back after visiting a few other pubs in Lamlash later on the friday and even though it was quiet and he was clearin up, Brian the barman got us a drink and was a really helpful, friendly guy, actually an assett to the place, really the staff are all genuinely nice, caring and offer fantastic service, nothings too much trouble for them. We met Lisbeth and Ian the owners o the next morning at breakfast and thy were so nice, they serve a bloody good breakfast! I had the full scottish, with toast and REAL ground coffee, not filter crap! Also had fruit juice, my wife had a breakfast roll,lovely hot croissants and coffee. The choice was superb and freshly cooked and hot! the usual yogurts fresh fruit and cereal were also available. All included in the room price! A fatastic hotel, with great service, friendly staff who actually talk to you (wow lol) and great food! Unfortunately our youngest daughter took unwell and we had to head home on the sunday, which we were very sad about, very sad! but needs must and she needed us at home, Lisbeth and Ian were very understanding and put me at ease when I approached them about it, telling us not to worry and only charging us for two nights and the laterooms fee, very gracious. I cannot fault the staff or owners, my wife loved it too, a nice feeling to be in a hotel that really wants to look after its guests. Brian, Ian, Lisbeth, Katie, Paul and others, thankyou so much and we WILL be back!! Keep up the standards of customer service you all displayed and your hotel will knock the socks off everyone else! Good luck too, and see you next time! One final point is that the bar prices are the most reasonable in the village. Fantastic.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Superior Double room overlooking the sea and Holy isle (Room 3) Fantastic views...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamlash
Glenisle Hotel
#2 of 8 in Whiting Bay
The Lagg Hotel
The Lagg Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kilmory

Been to Lamlash Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!