“Don't be put off.”

Cuisines: Indian
Kranj, Slovenia
“Don't be put off.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Entering this restaurant hot, tired and hungry we almost walked straight out again due to the spartan, empty shed feel to the restaurant. This first impression was not helped by the plastic covered table and the fact that I think we were the only diners in this cavernous interior. Eventually a waiter came off his mobile phone and approached us. The lunch menu was less than 5 pounds so, as we only wanted a quick snack it seemed fine for us.The service was casual and unprofessional but the food when it arrived was surprisingly good. We started with a platter of fresh chutneys and poppadoms, then we had a choice of starters such as onion bhajees followed by a wide choice of curries served with either nan or rice. All the food was very tasty, our two curries quite different from each other and it was a good meal at a budget price. Yes the drinks were brought from the next door bar, I don't suppose they have a drinks licence. For me food is always the most important factor in any restaurant but until this chef moves to a pleasanter establishment and employs a serious waiter I can't see him having a successful future. A shame really.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank junkuz57

dublin
“Very accommodating”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We called into the restaurant at about 3pm. They were closed but went in and cooked up what we wanted anyway for us to take away. Food was fine (difficult to tell from one dish), but that sort of service deserves some recognition.

• Visited August 2013
“Shocking service, bordering on rude!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We ordered drinks and did not receive them after around 15 minutes and staff didnt seem to know what a gin and tonic was. Therefore I opted for house wine and eventually after receiving drinks we were also presented with our curries. They tasted good and were presented reasonably. However a few minutes after starting our main dish 2 waiters appeared at our table imposing theirselves intrusively enquiring as to whether I had identification for the alcohol which they had brought to us from the bar next door. My initial reaction meant that I got a bit of a surprise and my food went all over my top. They took my identification away (I'm 29 and had finished my wine by this point) and then proceeded to serve us in a very unprofessional manner. My evening was ruined as was my clothes. Please think twice before eating her if you are looking for friendly and fair service.

• Visited August 2013
“Never last to the starters”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Went in looking forward to a good Indian meal with my family, the restaurant get it drinks from the bar next door and the owners think it is acceptable for a drink order to take 20 minutes. Staff were to busy chatting to acquaintances to concentrate on providing good service. The menu was tacky and the food did not look appetising, I cancelled my order and left.

Visited July 2013
Kettering
“Great place!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Enjoyed the food!! Family friendly. Atmosphere was great and the food was really good. Would recommend to anyone travelling to Arran.

Visited July 2013