“Relaxing girls only days away”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brodick
Auchrannie House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brodick
Prestwick, United Kingdom
“Relaxing girls only days away”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Recently stayed 2 nights at the auchrannie hotel, I must say the staff were excellent very friendly would do anything for you. Dinner in the brambles restaurant was very nice, service was a bit slow but meal delicious. Also dined in the cruise restaurant in the spa hotel, service better and meal just as good. Was let down by breakfast four of us there and two had finished their breakfasts before the other two even got theirs. Overall would recommend it beautiful surroundings if you can drag yourself out of the sauna and steam rooms!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

We go to Arran several times a year, and on this visit we decided to to upgrade to an executive room, it was a nice room, a little cold and draughty because of the single glazed bay window. Our room could have done with a dusting as it clearly had not been done for several days we also noticed this same issue in some of the public areas around the hotel. We received an invite to view one of the time share lodges which we decided to take up, I was very impressed with the lodge (although the priced advertised was no where near the actual cost) I left all my details and was promised that I would be contacted after the Xmas holiday, I have received no contact at all and my wife was disappointed that she never received her complimentary glass of wine for taking up the invite. I am now looking for alternatives, you missed a deal there Auchrannie!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Iain B
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

stayed two nights feb 2013, in old house, first room no 27 had no bath to bathe baby as requested oops, quiet and comfortable though situated just above pool, second room no 7 had bath but noise from above and next door there was a champion snorer, was a nightmare, reception allowed extra half hour check out for us to rest and nap however all we could hear was cleaners upstairs, reception seemed quite nonplussed. spa good but lacked overall experience ie. husband not given any drink after massage or told to sit and come around, massage good but little things could make massive difference to the experience. food in brambles was very good, and great breakfasts. arran is beautiful and very relaxing as soon as you step off the ferry.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We received a groupon stay here as an Xmas gift and stayed there last night.

The resort bus picked us up from the ferry and even although busy, check in was fast. The staff are very helpful and showed us up to our room and helped carry our bags.

Our room (no 25) was a twin instead of a double, however that wasn't a major issue - it was beautifully decorated and the bathroom was amazing. You can tell there has been a lot of money spent on the hotel and resort.

We had a £20pp allowance for food for dinner and we decided to eat in Brambles Bar, Seafood and Grill. It was fairly pricey and the alcohol also which I gues we were expecting.
Upon walking into the restaurant we thought 'WOW!' the atmosphere was fantastic and there was a fire in the hearth with couches in front of it.
I had garlic bread baked in foil as a starter (normally it's a side dish) and the baguette was pale, undercooked and soggy with the garlic butter.
The main course I had the salmon fillet which was fine, nothing to write home about, but fine.
Desert I had sticky toffee pudding which really let the entire meal down....it was dry, no give in the sponge when you tried to cut a bit and overall quite bland. Disappointing.

Breakfast was not included in our stay and @ £12.95 for full cooked or £8.95 for continental, about the same price as other 4* hotels.
Against my better judgement I ordered a full cooked breakfast consisting of bacon, fried egg, 2 potato scones, local lorne sausage, mushrooms and black pudding.
I gave te black pudding to my boyfriend as it was squelching in grease, the bacon was practically still oinking and again dripping in grease and the potato scones were hard on the outside and raw in the middle.
I sent it back and the waitress and waiter both advised that the potato scones aren't fried due to allergies and that they had had complaints about them being 'soggy'. I find this especially bamboozling seeing as they were too dry and the rest of the plate was swimming in grease!
They replaced the breakfast and brought back another which was worse! Thankfully they did not charge me for it (at £12.95 I would have been apoplectic!). If you boast 4* your food really has to hit the mark and overall this failed miserably.

I would go back for the hotel (know that I have seen they do deals) and leisure facilities however I would definitely steer well clear of the over-priced, under-delivering restaurant!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RS_General_Manager, Manager at Auchrannie House Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post a review, and I am sorry that your breakfast in Brambles fell short of your expectations. Auchrannie breakfasts are award winning, and I can only apologise that in this instance we seem to have fallen short of our ususal high standards. As can be seen from previous reviews, this is certainly not the norm.
Having spoken to the staff on duty, they were not aware that you were unhappy with your replacement breakfast, otherwise they may have been able to offer you alternative items, more to your specific liking.
I do hope that this has not deterred you from revisiting Brambles on your next visit to Auchrannie.
Glasgow
Reviewed February 24, 2013

A great place just to get away from it all - not busy, lovely food and room with excellent bathroom. Pool was great, had a fantastic massage in the spa. Couldn't book into Brambles restaurant on first night as was full - perhaps booking could be included in the hotel booking.

Kilbirnie
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Everything about our (too short) stay was perfect. Our room in the main house was spotless and comfortable, if perhaps a little small. But with so much to do on Arran, who wants to spend time in their room? Dinner in Brambles was superb. Great food and wine, great service and great value. Used the pool and steam room which again was spotless. Sitiing in front of the open fire was a great way to end the night. Lots of little touches, like the Arran Aromatics in the bathroom were appreciated. What they say in their advertising, that Auchrannie is addictive, is true. We will be back soon.

• Stayed February 2013
East Kilbride
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed in the house hotel and could not fault the service or the Hotel. Food in Brambles Restuarant was exeellent on both nights. Room was spacious and clean.
The road signs to the resort could be improved as could signs within the site. One minor irritation was the surcharge £1 per day for Visitor Gifting Option.
Other than than the above an excelent 2 day break.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brodick
Auchrannie Resort
Kilmichael Country House Hotel
Lamlash Bay Hotel
Lamlash Bay Hotel
#1 of 7 in Lamlash

Been to Auchrannie House Hotel? Share your experiences!