“Family weekend!”

Auchrannie Leisure Centre
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Brodick
More attraction details
Owner description: A 20 metre pool for the enjoyment of all the family. Plus a sanarium & steam room are available to help you chill out and relax.Want something a bit more active, check out the games hall for tennis, football, badminton, bowls or just a kick around.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Family weekend!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had a lovely weekend here on a very wet January weekend. We arrived in Brodick on a very wet Saturday morning and were very pleased to see an Auchrannie minibus waiting to collect us and take us to the hotel (nice touch!) On arrival we didn't need to wait long for check in and our room was ready for us (at 11:00am this was great!). We then made good use of the hotel facilities which are pretty good for kids, swimming was great and the soft play in the bar/restaurant was great. It was also good if you were a couple with no kids as there are areas of the hotel with no kids facilities so can have a quiet meal and drink! We had a great time and our kids really enjoyed themselves and we look forward to going back!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great place for dinner”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Did not stay at resort but went for dinner. Beautifully decorated. Friendly funny staff ! Service with a smile.. and a bit of banter. Food was lovely and all served pipping hot and nice and quickly. Sticky toffee pudding was to die for ! You must try it if you go. On my list of places to return to when I return to Arran.

Isle of Arran, United Kingdom
“Leisure Facilities”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Well... How can I start this effectively? I would have to say firstly that I am a local and a member of the swimming pool. I have lived on the island for over ten years now and have never used another leisure centre. It genuinely has everything I need to do the training and relaxing I want.

One of the most enjoyable pleasures about going to auchrannie leisure are the staff. They are wonderful, professional and always more than eager to help you get the most out of the facilities whatever you're using. I tend to train at the moment exclusively in the pool, although I have used the gym and games hall on a regular basis in the past. One of the things that the staff do to help you get me get the most out of the session in the pool personally is to put up a swimming lane if it is a little busy for swimming lengths... always when it is safe to do so and avoiding overcrowding in the pool.

Even in the gym the try to put on the sort of music you like.. see if you're on your own and bring in your own CD? I've known them to put it on in the past. Whether they still do or not I'm not sure, but it does serve as a demonstration of their willingness to be customer friendly. You don't really get that nowadays very often so it's refreshing to see.

Right, in order not to sound completely biased I want to say what I would like to see more of... Namely a squash court! And a couple of swedish 21 year old blondes would be good too, but failing that a squash court would suffice!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Party Night”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Going to start with the negative to get it over with and move on. Part of the party night included a 3 course meal, I called to make sure they were ok with a vegan option, which was fine although I wasn't told what it would be so excited for a surprise. I was given a lovely sorbet and fan of melon for starters, main meal was a lentil bake with a mixture of vegetables and a lovely sweet sauce with nuts, my dessert was sorbet with pears and a strawberry and a few raspberries. Yes I was served fruit and sorbet and sorbet and fruit twice!! Seriously uninspiring, slightly insulting and a massive disappointment.
Moving on....we stayed in the spa resort which was convenient as the spa facilities and gym were on site and the party was being held in the same building so we didn't need to leave. The staff were great for the full duration of the stay. They managed to have our rooms ready earlier than check in time, I think the time of year helped as it was quieter. We had the use of the facilities prior to room check in and up until 5pm the following day. The facilities were of a good standard.

RS_General_Manager, Manager at Auchrannie Leisure Centre, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thanks for taking time to post a review, and I’m glad that we met your expectations with regard to our staff, bedrooms and facilities. I was disappointed to read about the Vegan meal provided for your Party Night, and I too was surprised and disappointed, and can only apologise. Having investigated, it appears there was a mix up due to the fact that you did not like the original starter option as it included mushrooms. However, the similarity between the alternative starter and the sweet should have been noticed by our team, and I apolgise that this did not happen. I do hope that this has not deterred you from visiting Auchrannie in the future, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Largs, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Auchrannie + always a pleasure”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Enjoyed a great stay at Auchrannie. Room great, although boiling hot upon arrival until windows were opened. Food and service in Cruize excellent. Leisure facilities excellent. All staff friendly and welcoming.

Visited October 2013