“Brilliant”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brodick
Kilwinning, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My fiancée and myself visited this hotel in early February using an online voucher.

Reception/Booking In: Very fast, friendly and efficient.
Room: Spacious, very clean and tidy, lovely and comfortable bed, good views, great bath/shower room.
Bar: Comfy couches, great views of the sea and Goat Fell, friendly staff, good choice of drinks, tea and coffee.
Food: First class, could easily have tried just about everything on the Bistro menu, staff were probably the most helpful, friendly and comfortable in their job I've ever met.
Entertainment: On the night we were there an eight(?) piece jazz band were playing. This isn't really my favourite style of music but this lot were very entertaining and packed out the bar.
Breakfast: Amazing! something for everyone. I particularly enjoyed the haggis with the cooked breakfast.
Overall: Lovely, clean hotel, very friendly staff, amazing views, fantastic rooms, great food. we'll be back very soon. Next month to be exact :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at The Douglas and it won't be the last. I booked a last minute midweek stay and got an excellent DB&B rate. I didn't have the best room (side view only of the Bay and mountain) but it was roomy and beautifully furnished, and the toiletries in the spacious bathroom (with proper deep bath) were lovely. The Bistro menu was attractive and the food very adequate, but the stars were the staff, who were delightful - it seems everyone is trying hard to make your stay pleasant, and they're succeeding.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here at a friends wedding. It was stunning. The decor, the rooms, the food and the staff were all superb. This is a really romantic hotel that has an atmosphere that matches. Wish we could have stayed longer. This is a hotel that we loved and we will be returning to very soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in 208. It is an attic room that is huge, has a walk in wardrobe before you get into the r...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bolton
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed over one night with a group of about 50 cyclist friends so virtually had the whole hotel. The room I had was the best hotel room I have ever stayed in contemporary styling, well appointed and spotlessly clean. Being such a large group, the staff were put to the test particularly as we were all drenched after a circuit of the island. Their patience and attitude were exemplary without fail. The buffet evening meal was of the highest quality with a huge choice. Similarly the breakfast great quality ingredients freshly cooked. A very comfortable hotel which I will definitely be revisiting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
scotland
Reviewed April 19, 2013

what can I say, fabulous hotel in Arran, decent check in and out times and just across the road from Brodick Pier, gorgeous room (No.102) with stunning sea views to the front and to the right with window seating, superb bathroom with warm white fluffy towels, dinner was delicious (tho little bit disappointed with the 'frozen' chips) but all with attentive and friendly service (dinner for two with bottle of wine around £45)...and breakfast wonderful with a choice of smoked salmon, cheeses, fresh fruit etc. and that was before a cooked breakfast! we were also able to leave our luggage in the reception area to have a last walk about Arran before we headed for the ferry feeling so relaxed...cant wait to go back another time..

Room Tip: Room 102 with stunning sea views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My friend and I went for a 2 night stay,I live in Australia.the room was very comfortable,renovated only 2 years ago,we had dinner bed and breakfast,and the food was outstanding.I thought the whole package was great value for money.I left my iPad charger there and the staff could not have been more helpfull.It arrived on the mainland next day ,free of charge!!!
I will be back next time with my husband.Loved it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great stay, once again.Cannot recommend this place highly enough.
I have been to many hotels and I can honestly say this is by far the best I have stayed at ! Service and food is out of this world ! I had slight reservations about putting on a review because it
means you'll all know about it and then it will get really busy ! But couldn't keep it a secret anymore.

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brodick
Auchrannie Resort
#1 of 7 in Lamlash
Ormidale Hotel
Ormidale Hotel
#4 of 16 in Brodick

Been to The Douglas Hotel? Share your experiences!