$165
Hotelpower.com
Seamill Hydro(West Kilbride)(Great Value!)
$110
$89
$74
  • Breakfast included
$52
No availability for your dates from these sites
1,023 results
All reviewsferry terminalhuge bathroomhigh standardfirst classbistro restaurantbeautiful hotelbrodick bayhomemade shortbreadduckbar menuboutique hotelexecutive roomgoatsea viewarran aromatics toiletriesspent two nightsisle of arran
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Lovely building, refurbished to a very high standard with good taste. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Food in the restaurant/bistro was excellent and very reasonably priced. Breakfast also very good, wish I had been able to stay more nights and work my way through the menu.
Local pubs are pretty basic, so recommend drinking here too. My room in the new extension was grand, huge high ceilings, lovely bathroom, all mod cons. All in all, heartily recommend. Only snag, bloody wifi!!! It's a common annoyance for me with hotels I'm staying in on business, and here it was patchy at best. That was the only thing however in an otherwise very comfortable and happy stay.. Well done!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was our first visit to Arran for a Birthday celebration. You basically hop off the ferry and the hotel is straight across the road. This location is perfect. Our room was smaller and I think perhaps part of an added on area to the hotel. We had paid the starting price option so this wasn't really a problem as the room was beautifully decorated and more importantly spotlessly clean - it's own patio being an added bonus as the weather we got whilst in Arran in late September was glorious. Next time I would like to try a larger room or perhaps one with a sea view so if this is what you are looking for pay a little bit more and specify when booking. Staff were friendly, and our evening meal and breakfast thoroughly enjoyed and the hotel bar looked like a lovely sunday lunch option.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just back from another brilliant weekend at the Douglas Hotel. Introduced my mum to Arran and wasn't surprised she loved it and was planning a trip back on the way home from Brodick. If you haven't been, you need to go!! beautiful hotel, can guarantee you won't look for anywhere else to stay in Arran after a visit. Visit to Kildonan Hotel for the view is a must though, thanks to Paul for taking us over there this morning and to Jim and the rest of the crew for looking after us. We both had a lovely time .. and hey even had sunsine on Arran in September!!! Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Room 202, 103, but if you can't get these, any .... you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Re-opened just over a year ago after a total renovation, this hotel should end up being the best on the island. The room we had was very large and had a massive balcony, more like a patio, over the top of the downstairs front rooms. The decoration is beautiful but so it should be being only a year old however the standard of finish is stunning as are the accessories in the room, a tripod style standard lamp and even a telescope!

I have a phobia over hotel restaurants which are usually overpriced and pretentious, theirs is a contradiction because they have a chef who can cook and prices that fail to make the eyes or wallet, water. Good food well cooked and served by knowledgeable and very friendly staff and at a reasonable price and principally sourced locally, what more can one ask for.

The one disappointment was breakfast, a very typical budget hotel breakfast but not expected in this up-market establishment. The first fried egg I was served was a crispy Frisbee, it was replaced and it was explained a trainee chef was doing the cooking, fine but who was doing the training! The plate looked and tasted anaemic and only saved by a well spiced slice of haggis, no help to the wife who doesn’t like it, poor me, I had to eat hers as well.

For hotel guests, breakfast is the last taste of the hotel they take away with them so make it really good one, yes it might cost a bit more to serve quality bacon and sausages and add odd extras like some baked beans but if it makes them come back or even recommend you to their friends it has to be cost effective. I won’t condemn the place just because the breckers was poor because the rest more than made up for it but come on management, take another look at it and see what you can do to improve it, better still contact me and I will tell you.

2  Thank FoodieOswestry
WeeElvis, Manager at The Douglas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear "FoodieOswestry"
Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Douglas Hotel and for your good words!

We must apologise for your less than perfect breakfast experience however and can assure you that this was a 'one off'

Perhaps you could indeed pass on more thoughts regarding Breakfast, we are always delighted to hear specifics - maybe you could email me, elaine@thedouglashotel.co.uk and we can discuss more in detail?

Thank you again for your review, noting that you are an experienced traveller and have given us such praise is very rewarding.

With Kind Regards,
Elaine Campbell
Company Secretary for The Douglas Hotel

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I booked a 2 night stay at the Douglas to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary based on the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. Being Scottish, I'm ashamed to say we had never been to Arran but it certainly won't be our last stay, fell in love with the little isle, so much to do within easy reach by car,bike or on foot. Anyway back to The Douglas, absolutely outstanding hotel lives up to all the hype and spot on for us because we loved the modern interior with the impressive sandstone exterior and location in Brodick bay.
From the moment we arrived the staff were exemplary, Ashley, the receptionist, deserves special mention. I had stipulated an executive room with seaview to make the occasion a little more special but unfortunately we were in room 107 at the back of the hotel. I expressed my disappointment and explained my reasons and made my way to our room. Within an hour there was a knock at the door, it was Ashley with the key to room 202, the suite with the rooftop terrace. As a special one off and taking into consideration our celebrations we had received a free upgrade. Well you can imagine our delight, the room was unbelievable, so tastefully appointed and immaculately presented and with a view to die for. Bathroom was spotless with the same modern feel and the enormous bed deserves a reference, most comfortable bed we have slept in and that includes 5 star hotels all over the world.
We had dinner both nights in the Bistro, again everything was perfect, nice formal atmosphere without being too pretentious, food excellent, and waiting staff attentive, well informed and professional, special thanks to Natalie (have a lovely trip to Africa) and Malcolm.
It was worth every penny, only negative is that I will need to book one of the suites every time we come over to Arran because nothing else will compare now.
Better start saving the pennies!
Don't take my word for it, find out for yourselves, you certainly won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 202 is the suite with the roof terrace commanding wonderful views of Brodick Bay and the mountains to the north.